Running on empty EK

Have you spotted any FB's or EK's we haven't seen before. Post your pics here.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

DNA wrote:Image

@ the nostalgia drags last year.

Devilrod , this one is a clone , the pics Alex posted (with the Vic plates) is the movie car.
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
bigalhusband
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by bigalhusband »

:D dont ya just love RED paint RED looks soooooo good on FB,s and EK,s
OLD TIN RULES
mrs ratbox

Post by mrs ratbox »

this is getting all very confusing to the best of my knowledge we are looking at 3 different cars here
1. being the original movie car (big arial (vic plates not in movie) )
2. blackies copy unknown origin (lots of differances)
3. vals (the one in DNA's pic) which as far as i know he did himself

sputz knows val if you read this did he do the car or buy it
NoMAD

Post by NoMAD »

I think it's only 2 cars RB...

I think Blacky bought the car oringally from the movie company (IIRC) - and later sold it (big arial (vic plates not in movie) )

and the copy car...

Cheers
NoMAD
mrs ratbox

Post by mrs ratbox »

watching the movie now VIC plates car is as it apears in the movie flares, dual exhaust, 13" torana chromies on front, 14" plain chromies on rear big ariel, vinyl roof
the No 2 version does't have this stuff and they didn't roll the real car in the movie i don't think, as the one they tipped over doesn't have flares or the bonnet bulge or the indicators in the guards but it does have the tinted one piece windows :?
NoMAD

Post by NoMAD »

Man i'm going to have to watch it again, cause i remember seeing quarter windows when he rolls it...(knowing it wasnt the movie car)....

cheers
NoMAD
Cal

Post by Cal »

You can tell they used 2 cars when the monaro has a drag at the start of the movie.

The car racing was a V8, though when it had the crash and the bonnet flew off, you can see a 6 cylinder rocker cover.

Hard to notice, but it's there
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

ratbox wrote:this is getting all very confusing to the best of my knowledge we are looking at 3 different cars here
1. being the original movie car (big arial (vic plates not in movie) )
2. blackies copy unknown origin (lots of differances)
3. vals (the one in DNA's pic) which as far as i know he did himself

sputz knows val if you read this did he do the car or buy it
Rat , the Vic plated car was bought by the film company, used for the movie and then bought by me. The car rolled over in the film was a rusty old FB with a quick paintjob , if you watch the rollover it only has one chromie on it, it has quarter windows as well.
I sold the car to a bloke in Blacktown in 1983 or thereabouts , it was missing the front seats and console and a few engine parts because some bastard broke into it when I had it parked on the street with the motor in bits after blowing it up :oops: - apparently the car was totalled and Val built a copy out of what was left ???
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

mrs ratbox

Post by mrs ratbox »

so you took the flares, vinyl roof etc off ? if so now it's getting clearer
so you'de be the guy i rang about it cause that's the story i was told seats stolen from out the front

just had another look using pause button :D as the car tips and rolls back very easy to see vent windows, what i saw was when the door opens and they fall out hard to notice, either they painted it between takes or did something in editing
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

No - when I sold it the flares and vinyl roof were still on it. It looked exactly how you see it in the movie except the plates were different and the seats etc were missing. Last I heard of the original car it was sitting in someones front yard in Seven Hills with grass growing all around it. :cry:

customfc

Post by customfc »

Ok Blacky, now I gotta ask.
You say you bought the car from the movie guys and during the time you owned it the seats were stolen and you put NSW rego on. As the car when these pics were taken had Vic plates and the original (?) seats, my question is:
Is this YOU with the car?
Regards
Alex

ps. I have seen a few more pics taken on the same day as these which date them as 1983, so not !00% on the year - 81 or 83.
Regards
Alex
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Definately not me Alex - I'd make two of him !!

I would guess that is the bloke from Vic who sold it to the film company - 1981 would be about right, thats when filming started.

V8EK4us

Post by V8EK4us »

Captured some pics off the DVD.

Rolled car (seems to be EK going by the indicators) has no flares and only one chromie on the passenger side, but it does have quarter vent windows :wink: Also the rear "C" pillar chrome trim has been painted red.

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

AAAAAHHH - memories not what it used to be , the car is an FB though - check the c pillar trims, the scuttle , and the bonnet bar.

V8EK4us

Post by V8EK4us »

Blacky wrote:AAAAAHHH - memories not what it used to be , the car is an FB though - check the c pillar trims, the scuttle , and the bonnet bar.
You're right again Blacky, I just looked at the indicators :oops: :shock: :roll: :lol: :lol: