Longshot - Hilborn pump

Need something for your daily driver or to finish off that project?

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Harv
State: NSW

Longshot - Hilborn pump

Post by Harv »

I'm looking to buy a Hilborn PG150 pump, in the "00" scale (sometimes referred to as a PG150-00 or a #00 pump). Not overly fussed if it is a PG150A, PG150B or PG150C.

I have a PG150-0 pump but it is significantly larger than what I need. I can tame it down, but would prefer a 00 pump if I can find one.

The pump will be used in my inline-6 FED project, and will be leaned on. Hard. A pump in working order that has been flowed would be ideal, but a pump that has lived under a bench for a while or is in unknown condition would be considered.

The 00 pumps can be identified by the serial number stamped into the pump - they all start with 00 (e.g. 00-12345).

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Blacky
State: WA

Re: Longshot - Hilborn pump

Post by Blacky »

I know a few drag racers over here Harv, and we congregate on a Monday afternoon in one of the aforementioned racers sheds for adult cordials and serious discussion, will ask the question and see if they will put the feelers out over here mate.
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Harv

Post by Harv »

Thanks. Willing to trade more than a few adult cordials for an 00 pump if I can lay hands on one.

I've got a small mountain of Enderle 80A pumps, but they are even bigger still... way too big for anything I will ever do.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Harv

Post by Harv »

The fittings arrived to run the parallel pills in order to tame the PG150C-0 pump that I have:

It will work, but looks like something out of Frankenstein's lab... makes my teeth hurt just looking at it. An "00" pump would be a lot neater.

Cheers,
Harv
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

I was talking about this last night and one thing that was mentioned is the vintage speedcar boys are more likely to have one under their workbench than the drag racers because of their size ????
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Harv

Post by Harv »

Yep - more likely to be seen on an old grey (or Pug) motor than a V8. Will touch base with Brian Darby and see if he knows of anyone.

Cheers,
Harv