Harv's Repco HighPower crossflow head thread

Includes fuel system, cooling system and exhaust.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Harv
State: NSW

Re: Harv's Repco HighPower crossflow head thread

Post by Harv »

Checked in on the progress going on for the head. Head and roller rockers now in the same location.

Water jacket plugs out of the top – glad they could get them out, as I couldn’t even with a cheater bar. Solid (not allan-head) plugs being sought to allow the extra rocker shaft support to be added (as luck would have it, the additional support is right on top of the plug rather than an open area of the head).

My Crow retainers are not going to cut the mustard – their shape precludes the roller tip getting contact, so new bespoke retainers are needed. Bit of a shame I spent so much effort trying to work out an off-the-shelf spring/collet/retainer set, but I did learn a lot as I went along.

Patience, grasshopper.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Harv

Post by Harv »

Head measured - 47cc before surfacing.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

About 8.5:1 assuming 0.060” overbore, zero deck height, flat tops and 0.050” gasket.

FB ute fixer upper, EK van on rotisserie
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Harv

Post by Harv »

A little more squeeze, as the forged slugs have a little lump. About 9.5:1... then some breathing from the Norman :)

Cheers,
Harv