Red Rattler Revamp

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Blacky
State: WA

Re: Red Rattler Revamp

Post by Blacky »

Errol62 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:11 am Very tidy. Where did you get that header tank?
Its just a cheapie off Ebay, should have bought the round one - this one has 7 holes in it for inlet/ outlet options plus a cheap and nasty looking sight glass arrangement so the chance of a leak are fairly high .....

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/154496333224
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Right, where were we ???
Bolted bracket in and riveted, welded and ground it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

But before I did that I thought it would be nice to have a bit of luxury so I ran a 2 core cable to the interior light so I can put a door switch in and have an automatic interior light switcher onner and offer like them fancy 225’s have

Step 1 remove interior light
Step 2 remove interior shiny bit and make a nice big hole to work in

Step 3 join 2 core wire to original wire

Step 4 pull it through and try not to break it so you end up with no light at all ……

Much success !!!!!!!

Harv
State: NSW

Post by Harv »

Just a thought, while you have the B-pillar open splice off a line from the earth lead. Drill a hole in the B-pillar and put in another door switch, activated by the back door.

Then both the front and back doors turn the dome light on... just like an EK Premier prototype.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
In the Shed
State: SA

Post by In the Shed »

Luxury! Are you installing a new headlining to match the funky rear parcel shelf?
A day in the shed beats a day at work!
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Harv wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:58 am Just a thought, while you have the B-pillar open splice off a line from the earth lead. Drill a hole in the B-pillar and put in another door switch, activated by the back door.

Then both the front and back doors turn the dome light on... just like an EK Premier prototype.

Cheers,
Harv
I am far too lazy for those shenanigans Harv - just going to put one on the drivers door :wink:

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

In the Shed wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:41 am Luxury! Are you installing a new headlining to match the funky rear parcel shelf?
Oh God no - the fluffy headliner was the first thing we did to this thing - the original was torn and hanging down so we just glued this stuff to it to make it a bit less of a yellow sticker magnet, WA cops love stickering cars for saggy headliners for some reason ....... and new headliners mean both screens out which is no fun at all :econfused: :econfused:

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Captains log, stardate 2247 or whatever they say
Tidied up some of the welds after seeing them in the pics on here , also thought better about the rivets holding the plates so I drilled them out to 5/16” and plug welded them , then did the other side

Rough enough

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Was gonna leave it at that and get a rattle can of paint made up tomorrow but I had a bit of paint left so I mixed it up and gave it a coat of paint so it’s ready to fit seatbelts tomorrow :thumbsup:

basic.green
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by basic.green »

looking good mate keep at it.. but how is the engine going .. when dose it go for dyno :twisted: :twisted:
building the dream Rick
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

basic.green wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:48 am looking good mate keep at it.. but how is the engine going .. when dose it go for dyno :twisted: :twisted:
I have ordered a new boost gauge and injectors, once they arrive and are installed i can book a day at the dyno :thumbsup:

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Not much done tonight, Valentine’s Day and all , got the interior light wiring done and the carpet back in

Paint came up mint - totally seamless blending job

Underfelt and carpet back in

Time for a rum

Harv
State: NSW

Post by Harv »

Youtube

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Harv wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:32 am
Youtube

Cheers,
Harv
Our computers at work wouldn't let me play that because it was "offensive" :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I had to wait until I got home to see what filth you had posted :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Bit more progress, last of the wires are in , now need to make a cover to hold the mass of spaghetti up under the glovebox. Image
New AFR and boost gauges installed, these holes were already in the dash and I wasn’t happy with the dodgy under dash setup

Moved the radio out of the glovebox, it will end up in the console

Carpet in, scuff plates in, reglued all the door seals that were hanging off