Repro aerial blue tip

If it doesn't fit below then post here and see if another FB EK fanatic can help you out.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

texmorton
State: VIC

Repro aerial blue tip

Post by texmorton »

Evening all,

I am chasing a blue tip (little blue plastic bit) to go on an aerial for my restoration project. I can remember seeing them for sale a while back but cant find anywhere now. Anyone help me out where I might be able to find one? thanks, Al
Blacky
State: WA

Re: Repro aerial blue tip

Post by Blacky »

That thieving arsehole greedybitz sells them on Epay but you better be ready to sell a kidney -

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/15554552777 ... 1506.m1851
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Harv
State: NSW

Post by Harv »

Try Restocountry:

https://www.kingswoodcountry.com.au/buy ... aus/MIS001

(you can keep your kidney)

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
fb delivery
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by fb delivery »

WOW, might have to sell some of the ones i have
I have Blue ones ,Red ones,green ones and Black ones
I'll be rich i tell you :yeahhh: :yeahhh:
fb delivery
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by fb delivery »

Harv wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:02 am Try Restocountry:

https://www.kingswoodcountry.com.au/buy ... aus/MIS001

(you can keep your kidney)

Cheers,
Harv
not the same
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

$25 for that :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

texmorton
State: VIC

Post by texmorton »

Thanks for your help fellas. I wont buy from greedybits out of principle, ever. I had found the blue tips at Restocountry but on back order unfortunately. I guess I will have to wait until they are back in stock or maybe make one myself out of resin. Al
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Should be a simple thing to make if you had access to a 3D printer? I want to try and make taillight globe holders next time I find someone who has one

funkyscooter
State: NSW

Post by funkyscooter »

Hey Blacky, I can have a go at printing a holder if you have a 3D file. I have a filament printer. Only issue I can see with the suitability of a 3D print would be heat from the globe deforming the printed holder over time. Filament extrudes printer at around 195 degrees for PETG and slightly less for PLA. PETG 3D prints in a car interior seem to hold there shape, but PLA starts to deform after a while.
The aerial tip would be a good candidate for a resin printer - don't have one of those unfortunately.
Scott
(Not so rusty) Ol' Rusty - FB/EK Sedan
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

I can send you one of each and I can test run it in the rattler - I don’t need them personally but I get asked fairly regularly for them ? I don’t think heat transfer would be an issue in indicators and reverse lights as they aren’t on for long but the taillights might be a different story? Being only 5 watt they might not get that hot - I might leave them on for 10 minutes and measure how hot they get before we pull the trigger on this .

Apologies for the thread hijack Tex :wink: