VALE Steve Clare

Club Runs, meetings and other news for fans of FBs & EKs in N.S.W.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky, NSW Mod

Blacky
State: WA

VALE Steve Clare

Post by Blacky »

Got the sad news that Steve Clare, a long standing member of the FB/EK Holden Club of N.S.W. has passed away :esad: :esad: :esad:

Steve was a Nationals regular and a great bloke , he and his partner Judy came to Mandurah and on our afterparty in his supercharged V6 EK ute , Shahni and I enjoyed their company whenever we caught up , he will be sadly missed.

Our thoughts are with Judy and Steves family .............
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
60Special
State: WA

Re: VALE Steve Clare

Post by 60Special »

Sorry to hear of Steve’s passing. Condolences to Judy and family.
igor
State: SA

Post by igor »

So very sad to hear of Steve's passing, and sincere condolences to Judy and family.
We we had a long friendship with Steve and Judy as once a year family. They made us very welcome at our first nationals at Nowra in the panelvan in 2004. From then on each year we always had a laugh and chat.
The last time we spoke to them was at Toowoomba nationals and then coming back toward Goondiwindi a blue ek ute went screaming past ... Shortly after they were pulled up on the side of the road and of course we pulled up....they were looking for a servo. Follow us we said...... "Thank God you know where you are going we are running on fumes"
We will miss those times, have fond/happy memories.
RIP Steve.

Roger and Lesley
FBeing
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by FBeing »

Sad news

Steve was a lovely bloke and lived not far from me.
parisian62
State: NSW

Post by parisian62 »

Thanks for posting this up Blacky. Thank you for your words and also to 60special, FBeing and to Roger and Lesley. I will pass them onto Judy.

Steve was a much valued member of the FB EK Holden Car Club of NSW and a good friend to us all. He and Judy had a lot of fun in their distinctive EK ute with the supercharged V6 and regularly attended Club runs and the Nationals. As Judy has said "the car club was his life".

He was always happy to have a chat and share a laugh and funny story...he had plenty of those! You usually saw Steve in a pair of shorts and thongs...regardless of the weather. :)

He will be missed.

Stewart
Feelin free in a '61 FB.
Member of FB-EK Holden Car Club Of NSW Inc.
Check out the Rebuild of Old Timer
Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

Sorry I never got to meet the bloke. I believe I know the car and have seen it at Toowoomba, Nuriootpa and Echuca. Fellow SA club members told me what a lovely feller Steve was. Please pass on our condolences on behalf of the SA Club Stuart.

FB ute fixer upper, EK van on rotisserie
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Cal
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by Cal »

Terrible news. :( One of the loveliest chaps you could hope to meet.

RIP
parisian62
State: NSW

Post by parisian62 »

Thanks Clay. Will do.

Yep for sure Cal.
Feelin free in a '61 FB.
Member of FB-EK Holden Car Club Of NSW Inc.
Check out the Rebuild of Old Timer