Demister vents

If it doesn't fit below then post here and see if another FB EK fanatic can help you out.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Blacky
State: WA

Demister vents

Post by Blacky »

Got a bloke over here chasing a pair of demister vents - I know there was a bloke making plastic repros , anyone know how to get hold of a set ????
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
mph
State: WA

Re: Demister vents

Post by mph »

I used the vintage air plastic ones, then bent up light weight flat tin bracket to hold them in.
I think there was pics on my build page somewhere mate.
viewtopic.php?t=21712&start=480
Page 33 half way down
Last edited by mph on Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FB-Special
Big block 161 :lol:
Holley sniper EFI.
Vintage air ducted heat and cool.
Ek auto column shift.
Lj diff and reverse lights.
WA FB~EK Car Club Member.
Harv
State: NSW

Post by Harv »

Ed Ho was making the repro demister vents. Photos on the thread below show how I bodgied a set to fit FB/EK (they are in the wagon... I promise I replaced the blue pool hose with ally concertina hose):
http://forum.fefcholden.club/index.php?topic=2716.120

Haven't seen Ed on any of the forums for a while. Last I heard he was chopping a jailbar, and his chopped FE/FC wagon had had a fire and been sold though my memory may be off.

I loaned a set of steel vents to a bloke who was going to repro them. Got them back, but not sure if he ever made any more than one set.

Cheers,
Harv

'
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Mick
State: NSW

Post by Mick »

Harv wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:38 pm Ed Ho was making the repro demister vents. Photos on the thread below show how I bodgied a set to fit FB/EK (they are in the wagon... I promise I replaced the blue pool hose with ally concertina hose):
http://forum.fefcholden.club/index.php?topic=2716.120

Haven't seen Ed on any of the forums for a while. Last I heard he was chopping a jailbar, and his chopped FE/FC wagon had had a fire and been sold though my memory may be off.

I loaned a set of steel vents to a bloke who was going to repro them. Got them back, but not sure if he ever made any more than one set.

Cheers,
Harv

'
facebook is he place to get hold of ED, i'm sure Blacky would know to get hold of him there, i'm pretty sure he did another batch not long ago also
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter