March events

Club Runs, meetings and other news for fans of FBs & EKs in W.A

Moderators: reidy, Blacky, WA Mod

Blacky
State: WA

March events

Post by Blacky »

Hi everyone,

Been a bit quiet lately but we have events on each weekend for the next 3 weekends coming !!

March 17/18/19 we are off to Bunbury for the weekend, some are heading down Friday, some on Saturday - there is a Show and Shine on Sunday 19 called Bumpers and Beats,not a lock in so you can come and go whenever you please :-) they also have a drive in set up for Saturday night and have organised bog laps of Bunbury at certain times over the weekend - so come along for however long you want to come for and join in the fun !!

March 26 is the Ascot Shannons Classic Car show, over 1000 cars this year apparently plus the usual stalls , vendors etc. This one is a lock in -10AM until 3PM . We will have the gazebos, cool drinks and barby as usual . Meet at Muzz Buzz on the corner of Guildford Rd and Slade St in Bayswater as usual at 8:30 , we need to be on the road by 9 to park up as bump in can get quite hectic at this show.

April 1 is a club general meeting at the Hotrod Club in Cusack Rd , Malaga - usual deal , barbecue from 1PM , meeting from 2PM, will be the last meeting before the "not the Nationals" weekend in Echuca so those who are going east in June can catch up at this meeting and arrange our trips. We will also have some news about the 2024 Nationals that are going to be held in WA.......

Hope to catch up with you at one - or more - of these events !!!

Kind Regards, Blacky.

FB EK Holden WA Car Club
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Errol62
State: SA

Re: March events

Post by Errol62 »

2024 WA Nats!
Yeh, yeh, bring it on!@#$%^&*()'-'":;,?+×÷=/_<>[

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

My bad - movie night is Friday and show and shine next weekend is on the Saturday not Sunday
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Good show today, big turnout ….
We bought the Chev down for a run

Caught up with Lindsay and Janessa who had their vintage caravan on display

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Didn’t take too many pics unfortunately, found a cool brewery- that may have something to do with it Image

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Cars , had a bog lap cruise through the city

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

A recently completed FB - very nice, according to the body tag it was originally Honey Beige with a white flash which sounds unusual…

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

And the award for the weirdest van goes to ……

Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

She is a thing of beauty mate

EK van on rotisserie
Harv
State: NSW

Post by Harv »

Strike me pink... a van.

And a towbar on a 'trahna. Must be for ballast.

cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

Errol62 wrote:She is a thing of beauty mate Image

The chev, not the van ffs!

EK van on rotisserie
Harv

Post by Harv »

Lol… I’m referring to the van's (and T'rana's) colour (Strike Me Pink). The Torries had some cool colour names - The Lone O'Ranger, Yellow Dolly, Lettuce Alone, Plumdinger Purple.

Not quite as cool as BMC’s Hairy Lime Green for Minis.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
ardiesse

Post by ardiesse »

. . . and Lina-Mint. And Little Riding Hood Red.

Blacky: Is anything happening on Anzac Day car-club-run-related? I'll be in Perth . . .

Rob
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

ardiesse wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:13 pm . . . and Lina-Mint. And Little Riding Hood Red.

Blacky: Is anything happening on Anzac Day car-club-run-related? I'll be in Perth . . .

Rob
No mate, I am hoping to be in my shed for a 4 day shed thrash