Harv's Norman supercharger thread

Includes fuel system, cooling system and exhaust.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

gpi
State: VIC

Re: Harv's Norman supercharger thread

Post by gpi »

...going to be good to get this lot home so theyre not under benches anymore...
Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

What bonnet going under Patrick?

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
gpi

Post by gpi »

...ive spent almost 2k on getting the intercooler drawn up, when all the while harv had it...

...i need another intercooler for the type65 i have for the ute...

...the other type45 will go on the special...

...and the type65 slw will go on the drag car...
gpi

Post by gpi »

...what i mean is, Harv had the Intecooler, and i asked about the dimensions of it, there is nothing to say he didnt impeded me!
Harv
State: NSW

Post by Harv »

All good. I borrowed the intercooler from it's owner a long time back. Did a scale drawing of it (think I posted it here), and forwarded a copy to Patrick. Couldn't offer to send the intercooler as I did not own it.

The first supercharger (serial 504) is a Type 65 with the superlightweight rotor. Tres' cool 8)

The second supercharger (serial 75-10) is a Type 75 rather than a Type 45. Same type Eldred ran in his HR ute. It's got the clutch assembly to run it on and off, Mad Max style, but suspect the switches etc are missing. I've got one of these at home... must get around to sketching up how the hydraulic clutch works.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
gpi

Post by gpi »

...thanks for nothing...
Harv

Post by Harv »

Apologies if I have somehow offended. Certainly not my intent.

I'm fortunate enough to have people loan me gear so that I can better understand how it works, document it and share in the various forums. Parts, manuals, correspondence and tools have been loaned to me, for which I am grateful.

Many of those people doing the lending are quite reserved about their ownership, and do not want it broadcast that they own stuff. Some documents for example I can refer to, but have been asked not to copy and upload. I respect people's privacy, and keep their details confidential. I don't even keep addresses for people (ask Clay... I have to get his address every time I send something :oops: ).

For the intercooler, respecting the owner's privacy meant that I could not offer to loan it to anyone.

I did take the time though to carefully measure it and to then do a scale drawing as a bitmap.

Air to air intercooler technical drawing.png
Air to air intercooler technical drawing.png (19.44 KiB) Viewed 588 times

I sent a copy of that to you to help you in the quest to 3D print one. I hope it was of use... it certainly cost you nothing.

Anyhoo, great news that you have bought the two Normans. More than happy to give you a hand with info or parts as you get them going.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

Mate of mine was involved with Eldreds son early on. He is well past 70 now. Ended up getting passionate about fishing instead of speed. He says that the Tillet family were also very much involved. They still have the memorial business across West Terrace from the cemetery. May be a possible source of information or parts. Tillet Memorials.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Harv

Post by Harv »

:thumbsup:

Cheers,
Harv