Tassie Club

Club Runs, meetings and other news for fans of FBs & EKs in Tassie.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky, TAS Mod

bumper
State: TAS

Tassie Club

Post by bumper »

For all that are interested, the tassie club didnt implode, it was due to the lack of support from people who made out they were interested in having a club but when it comes down to actually being involved they never turned up!

As anyone that has been involved in a car club knows,
With out support, membership and the constant push to get new members ( with out trying to exclude anyone you dont like for personal reasons) the club will never succeed

I have only just gained access again to this forum, hence my silence
It was a hard choice to close the club, but it was made by the members that turned up to every meeting, I am forever grateful for there support
wanker????
I'd rather consider myself as an "owner operator"!!

FBEKHOLDENFANS page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/253705454864/
igor
State: SA

Re: Tassie Club

Post by igor »

Hey Bumper it sure is a tough gig keeping a club together. In so many cases the negative and the backstabbers /know it alls do not help. It gets very tiresome trying to keep it all ticking over and having a somewhat normal life as well.
Sad you have had to shut it down, but good on you for trying, time to get your old cars out, go cruising without any commitment.
R&L
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

Sadly the mix of personalities doesn't always work. Good to know you gave it a shot and good to have you back on the forum. Update time come on now!

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

Errol62 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:13 pm Sadly the mix of personalities doesn't always work. Good to know you gave it a shot and good to have you back on the forum. Update time come on now!

Brett sold all his cars mate :( is now living in a little slice of paradise in Tazzie :D
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

FB ute fixer upper, EK van on rotisserie
EK van on rotisserie
60Special

Post by 60Special »

Congratulations for giving it a go Bumper and thanks for the 2017 Nationals in Launceston.👍
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

60Special wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:24 pm Congratulations for giving it a go Bumper and thanks for the 2017 Nationals in Launceston.👍
That was a bloody good nationals 👍👍😎
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
bumper
State: TAS

Post by bumper »

Errol62 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:13 pm Sadly the mix of personalities doesn't always work. Good to know you gave it a shot and good to have you back on the forum. Update time come on now!

Yes sold pretty much everything FB EK I had, green wagon is in sydney, as far as i know not finished
Trailer went to hobart and is sitting in a front yard in long grass last i heard
Blue FB wagon is in new norfolk, he has had it fully engineered, have seen it around a few times when ive been down south

As blacky said im loving it down here, always happy to catch up with any fb ek people if they pop down
wanker????
I'd rather consider myself as an "owner operator"!!

FBEKHOLDENFANS page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/253705454864/
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

Thanks for the update Brett. Next time it is Victoria’s turn maybe we could do a fins on the island…

FB ute fixer upper, EK van on rotisserie
EK van on rotisserie
igor

Post by igor »

Hi Bumper. We hope to be in Tassie forca visit this time be the year. Will let you know when and maybe catch up . Cheers Roger and Lesley