Red Rattler Revamp

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

FireKraka
State: WA

Re: Red Rattler Revamp

Post by FireKraka »

Any progress is good progress mate even if you do have to do it twice :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Member of WA FB/EK Car Club
Frankenstein EK V6 Ute
FB Station Wagon Project
1950's Commer Light Truck (2.5 Ton)
EK283
State: NSW

Post by EK283 »

Ah yes, You need to do things 3 times to get the right result !

Are all the little wires doing your head in Blacky ??

You dont need hydraulic crimpers at least !!!

Greg
So many cars so little time!
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

EK283 wrote:Ah yes, You need to do things 3 times to get the right result !

Are all the little wires doing your head in Blacky ??

You dont need hydraulic crimpers at least !!!

Greg
Little wires suck balls ImageImageImage

I got everything behind the dash done today - where there was chaos there is now order. Mounted up the relays and computer, ran out of heat shrink so went to Auto One and bought a little kit of it - nearly died when I saw how much they want for it Image
Morning kickoff - really overdue for a clean up

Welded a couple of bolts to the body so i hopefully don’t have crappy earth issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Getting there ……

When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Mick

Post by Mick »

Blacky wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:31 am Mounted up the relays and computer, ran out of heat shrink so went to Auto One and bought a little kit of it - nearly died when I saw how much they want for it Image
i worked at a place that made electrical connectors etc and supplied heatshrink, when the company changed hands and they had a big cleanup they threw away 2x1 meter cubed boxes of heatshrink of various colours and sizes, i should have taken them and been the heatshrink king :lol:
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Mick wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:25 pm
Blacky wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:31 am Mounted up the relays and computer, ran out of heat shrink so went to Auto One and bought a little kit of it - nearly died when I saw how much they want for it Image
i worked at a place that made electrical connectors etc and supplied heatshrink, when the company changed hands and they had a big cleanup they threw away 2x1 meter cubed boxes of heatshrink of various colours and sizes, i should have taken them and been the heatshrink king :lol:
We buy it on 50m rolls , it’s well under $1 per metre, the cheapest way to buy it at Auto 1 was a little box with about 600mm of the size I needed for $15

Harv

Post by Harv »

Bunnings stocks heat shrink, standing up in a pvc conduit, in 1m lengths. Only the larger sizes (suit 15A and up) but cheaper than those little boxes.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

Jcar is reasonable if I recall

FB ute fixer upper, EK van on rotisserie
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

But Auto 1 is the only joint open on a Sunday in our neck of the woods and I couldn’t be bothered driving to work to get some 🤪

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Got a bit more done today, decided to tackle the boot to get away from wires for a bit - had to make a false floor to clear the fuel pump and it’s lines and wires so stopped playing sparky and started playing chippy.
Made a frame out of 35x70 treated pine leftovers from house reno’s

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Then cut up a sheet of 10mm plywood to make the top , decided to hinge it so I can use the area for storage Image

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Then got carried away and made a side one as well ….

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Then finished off the other side and then cleaned up some quality work in the boot wiring department

Need to run reverse light wiring and sort the fuel sender wiring and this bit can be loomed up and covered with split tubing

Harv

Post by Harv »

Gotta love twisty wire repairs.

I bought The Little One a VL for her first car. It had lots of twisty wire. Every sin that I have committed on a car in my youth have been done to that thing by the last owner.

Figure it's karma that I get to put it right.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

I don't do wires this small ................. :econfused: :econfused: :econfused: