205/60 R13

Includes handbrake, cylinders, shoes, discs, rims and rubber.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Ed Woods
State: VIC

205/60 R13

Post by Ed Woods »

Hi
I’m sure the answer is hidden on this forum, but maybe someone knows the answer off the top of their head.
I want to fit 205/60 R13s on steel wheels on my FB sedan.
What width wheels do I need and what offset/back space etc do I need?
Thanks.
Blacky
State: WA

Re: 205/60 R13

Post by Blacky »

Gday Ed, I would be going with a 6” rim , also you can buy a 205/65/13 that gives you a bit more sidewall height
As for backspace it depends on the diff you are running , best to remove a rear wheel , run a straightedge up into the wheel tub then measure in and out to the closest point and figure out your backspacing from there
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Errol62
State: SA

Re: 205/60 R13

Post by Errol62 »

Assuming you are running stock front end and diff, the relatively common 6x13" reverse stock zero offset rims should work, with some reservations.

205 is going to rub on front outer guard at some point on lock, depending on suspension height. Roll the guard lips or you may find they catch and flip the lip outwards.

Watch for the rim edge fouling on upper control arm on lock. Ideal you want the rim as close as safe in the position to minimise rubbing on outer guards. With balljoint HD HR front you can bring the track in a bit more for more backspace so the rim just clears the inner tie rod end and upper ball joint, thereby reducing rubbing on outer guard lip.

On the rear there is a lot more room.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie