harvs ek 327 wagon

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

BS
State: NOT ENTERED

Re: harvs ek 327 wagon

Post by BS »

EK283 wrote:Hi Harv,

How much does the chariot weigh ?

Greg
I was about to ask the same thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Harv
State: NSW

Post by Harv »

It tips the scale at 1580kg. At that weight and 400 neddies at the crank it should be good for 12s flat. Blackies right... more stall (3500rpm) and more gear (3.08:1) if I want to chase that last second and a half.

Me driving. Number 1 Son was sidelined as he has busted an axle in the VL. How the child breaks a 31 spline axle with an NA RB30 is beyond me. Drives it like a threshing machine. No idea where he learnt that :roll: :lol:

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
ardiesse

Post by ardiesse »

Harv,

A stock EK wagon would weigh about 1200 kg. So do the extra 400 "just" come from two extra cylinders, a larger automatic, a rear axle that doesn't blow up, and brakes which work? There'd be a chassis kit too, I suppose . . .

Rob
Harv

Post by Harv »

V8, TH350, brake pump, sound deadener, chassis kit, BW78 diff, washers, heater, wider wheels, tow bar, side mirror, bigger fuel tank, bigger fuel pump…. endless list of stuff that is “only a little bit heavier” than standard. It all adds up I guess.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Harv

Post by Harv »

Number 2 Daughter was keen to make her first drag pass, but not quite game. She worked out that you can carry a passenger at the Eastern Creek Wednesday night meets, so I got roped in to ride shotgun on her first few passes.

The track staff were great, and helped her understand what she was doing. Fluffed her first burnout, but otherwise good. I figured she would keep to a moderate pace, but she kept her boot into it the whole way. It was somewhat unsettling viewing from the passenger's seat. She pulled a 14.3, not too bad for her first ever pass. Blew away a late model Falcon, which had her chuffed.

Made another five or so passes, all around the 14.3 mark. Got ready for our last pass of the night. Good burnout, staged OK, and into it. By mid track the engine was on-song, and howling by 3/4 track. We had inadvertantly left it in 2nd instead of Drive (either that or she thought it was a 'glide and not a TH350 :lol: ). Wasn't game enough to reach across and bump it into Drive, so we went through the traps in second. Probably no worse revs than a burnout, and if nothing else it will stop the bores glazing :mrgreen:

Picked up the time slip, and she pulled a 13.95@98.7mph. The best I'e ever got out of this thing is 13.85@98.4mph. She had a lot more ballast onboard than when I drive too - her weight and a full tank of fuel, maybe 110kg. I'm clearly not wringing it's neck enough, and need to row it through the gears instead of leaving it in Drive.

(she's now banned from driving it until I can post a more respectable time, a lot faster than hers :oops: :lol: ).

Cheers,
Harv
In the Shed
State: SA

Post by In the Shed »

The girls got potential Harv! You’d best hide the keys or she’ll be out running the quarter mile solo trying to better your time 😊
A day in the shed beats a day at work!
BS
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by BS »

Sounds like you could be in a bit of trouble here Harv… good on her for getting out and having a crack!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Harv

Post by Harv »

Took the wagon out to Eastern Creek last night, and wrang it's neck shifting manually. Managed a 13.398s@102.49mph. 1/2 a second quicker than it has run before, and finally broke the ton.

There is a little more in it... need to balance up the revs on launch against wheel hop. Maybe those traction bars need a turn on the wagon :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Harv
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

in the 12's next :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
EK283

Post by EK283 »

Well done Harv,

Keep practicing you nay have some competition in a month or two :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Regards Greg
So many cars so little time!
Harv

Post by Harv »

EK283 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:11 pm Well done Harv,

Keep practicing you nay have some competition in a month or two :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Regards Greg
I hope so - it would be a damn fun night 8)

A red EH wagon was out last Wednesday, PSI64H plates. Assume it was a blown Alloytec. Had hoped to line him up for a run, but we were too far separated in the lanes. Last run of the night he was in front of me. Did a moderate burnout, and something went kablooie. Left bits of metal in the burnout box.

Must... resist... temptation... to... add... more power.... to... wagon.. for... 12's... :lol:

Cheers,
Harv
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

Harv wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:40 am

Must... resist... temptation... to... add... more power.... to... wagon.. for... 12's... :lol:

Cheers,
Harv
That's crazy talk ......... :lol: :lol: :lol:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Harv

Post by Harv »

Well, I wound it up to a 110
Twisted the speedometer cable off the end
I had my foot feed clear to the floor
Said that's all there is, and there ain't no more.

- Charlie Ryan, Hotrod Lincoln

568ED165-DBEC-4614-9AE7-8C32AA13B3A0.jpeg
568ED165-DBEC-4614-9AE7-8C32AA13B3A0.jpeg (6.03 MiB) Viewed 556 times

Cheers,
Harv
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

White posts looking like a picket fence...

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie