CRS HR V8 Crossmember

Includes shock absorbers, springs and steering linkages.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

oz_ek
State: VIC

CRS HR V8 Crossmember

Post by oz_ek »

If anyone has a CRS modified HR crossmember handy?... I'm in need of the measurements for the sump recess.
Any help much appreciated!
fehrheh.jpg
fehrheh.jpg (25.12 KiB) Viewed 730 times
FireKraka
State: WA

Re: CRS HR V8 Crossmember

Post by FireKraka »

Hey OZ I think I took measurements from an FC that I was helping a guy with a while ago, I’ll have a look Monday when I’m back in the office for you.
Member of WA FB/EK Car Club
Frankenstein EK V6 Ute
FB Station Wagon Project
1950's Commer Light Truck (2.5 Ton)
oz_ek

Post by oz_ek »

FireKraka wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:51 pm Hey OZ I think I took measurements from an FC that I was helping a guy with a while ago, I’ll have a look Monday when I’m back in the office for you.
Cheers! :thumbsup:
Mick
State: NSW

Post by Mick »

does anybody know why they do this i've done 2 308 conversions with stock HR front ends no dramas
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
EK283
State: NSW

Post by EK283 »

I remember talking to Mr Hadfield when I bought my first crossmember from him for a V8, he told me then it promotes the engine sliding over the cross member in an accident rather that being jammed in and through the firewall.

Good, but in my opinion it also eliminates any fouling especially if your gearbox was to hang a little low, so enginnered for one size fits all.

I ended up selling the HR front end just because of the turning circle.

Greg
So many cars so little time!
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

EK283 wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:53 pm so enginnered for one size fits all.

Greg
In my experience with their merchandise its engineered for one size doesn't quite fit anything ........
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

Yep. I remember the kit was featured in Custom Rodder or some such young tear-about mag I used to read back in the day or before puters and the forum. Rod had converted an HR premier to 350 Chev. I’ve no doubt got that mag down in the shed under 23 layers of overspray somewhere. Was exactly that, in an accident the engine would slide up over the crossmember. I don’t even recall the HR having a collapsible column but was a rack with hexagonal tie rod end converters.

You can apparently phone stub tech and chat with the old pirate though probably more interested in talking about brakes and stubaxles these days.

FB ute fixer upper, EK van on rotisserie
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
FireKraka

Post by FireKraka »

Hey OZ see if this helps, if you can't make sense of my CAD :roll: :lol: I will redraw for you.
scan.pdf
(423.31 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
Member of WA FB/EK Car Club
Frankenstein EK V6 Ute
FB Station Wagon Project
1950's Commer Light Truck (2.5 Ton)
oz_ek

Post by oz_ek »

FireKraka wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:50 pm Hey OZ see if this helps, if you can't make sense of my CAD :roll: :lol: I will redraw for you.
scan.pdf
Perfect!.....Thanks for taking the time to post the info.
oz_ek

Post by oz_ek »

Errol62 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:24 am Yep. I remember the kit was featured in Custom Rodder or some such young tear-about mag I used to read back in the day or before puters and the forum. Rod had converted an HR premier to 350 Chev. I’ve no doubt got that mag down in the shed under 23 layers of overspray somewhere. Was exactly that, in an accident the engine would slide up over the crossmember. I don’t even recall the HR having a collapsible column but was a rack with hexagonal tie rod end converters.

You can apparently phone stub tech and chat with the old pirate though probably more interested in talking about brakes and stubaxles these days.

FB ute fixer upper, EK van on rotisserie
The first Hadfield Holden v8 kit was developed using a EK van as the test bed (issues 50 & 51 Custon Rodder), I'm pretty sure he still has the van all be it now with a chopped top and 454 ci.
Last edited by oz_ek on Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gpi

Post by gpi »

oz_ek

Post by oz_ek »

gpi wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:35 pm https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/175432890852
Pretty sure that's the same van that had the original V8 conversion fitted.... Of interest, note the brake booster set up!