Wanted: two dizzy drive gears

Need something for your daily driver or to finish off that project?

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Harv
State: NSW

Wanted: two dizzy drive gears

Post by Harv »

I’m looking to get hold of two grey motor distributor drive gears please. Really only need the gears, but happy to pay for knackered dizzys if needs be.

I’ve got two angle drives, used to turn a dizzy (or magneto 😀) sideways. These make it a lot easier to get a dizzy under Repco head inlet manifolds. The angle drives need some work yet (one needs a manky old cam turned down to make the main shaft, both need lids made from ally/brass plate), but am only missing the gears.

These were on the long-term to-do list, but got bumped up as I need to help out an elderly gent to get his Speedcar going again.
8B1D2DAD-025C-4BD7-BC2A-3CB3BF33B82C.jpeg
8B1D2DAD-025C-4BD7-BC2A-3CB3BF33B82C.jpeg (5.34 MiB) Viewed 496 times

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Blacky
State: WA

Re: Wanted: two dizzy drive gears

Post by Blacky »

I am away at the moment , in West Wyalong of all places - I sent all my spare dizzy gears to Paul Calder but will look a bit harder when I get home if you dont find any in the next 2 weeks ....
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Harv

Post by Harv »

Blacky wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:50 pm I am away at the moment , in West Wyalong of all places - I sent all my spare dizzy gears to Paul Calder but will look a bit harder when I get home if you dont find any in the next 2 weeks ....
Thankyou.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
ardiesse

Post by ardiesse »

I should be able to rustle up a couple from my stock of bent-shaft and broken-body distributors.

Rob
Harv

Post by Harv »

Appreciated :)

Cheers,
Harv
ardiesse

Post by ardiesse »

Found.
Harv

Post by Harv »

Thankyou :)