'57 Chev build.

Got something else that you want to show off that's not an FB or EK? Try this section.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Malcolm
State: NOT ENTERED

Re: '57 Chev build.

Post by Malcolm »

That is fantastic, considering now I've got the very same type of car in my shed as my next project.

Question - what did you do with the front you cut off. I'm chasing the RH front rail that attaches to the cross member. Do you still have the front and if so will you sell it.

Cheers

mal
Malcolm W.
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

Youre lucky Mal , its in the trailer ready to go to the tip. Send me a drawing of how much of it you want and I will cut it off for you.
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Mate that would be great.

What I need is the RH front rail end that attaches to the crossmember.

Hard to explain but I'll give it a go, the rail end is attached to the crossmember in two areas and looks like a Y piece. The end of the rail is where the bumper bracket bolts to.

What I need is the whole Y piece, and if it can be cut out of the cross member so I can unpick it and reattach it to my crossmember.

I will pay what ever it takes if you can do this and post it to me.

Cheers
Mal
Malcolm W.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Hopefully this works, but this is the bit I need

All of this Y piece cut out of the subframe so I can unpick it and put it onto mine complete

Cheers

Mal

Malcolm W.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

No worries Malcolm , PM me your address and I will get it happening for you.
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Hey Blacky,

What engine mounts do you use on the side of these engines. I got a 1991 Gen 5 454 BB for my 57 but has no side engine mounts. Are all chev mounts that bolt to the block the same.
Mal
Malcolm W.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

I used HT 350 mounts on the block then made mounts from RHS once I was happy with where the motor sat. You need to dummy fit with a distributor to ensure adequate clearance to the firewall.
Has that bit of chassis turned up yet ???

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Thanks Blacky,

Nothings turned up yet, but Im shore it will.

I've see a few different types of HEI distrubitors on ebay, new starting at about $65. Can you advise what difference there is or a good brand, vacume advance or not. I didn't think you could buy anything for $65 these days.

Mal
Malcolm W.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

I have a MSD setup in mine , with the ignition unit and coil mounted up under the dash - dont buy Procomp gear - its sh it.
A coil in cap type stock distributor should see you right.

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

The video of this weekend is FINALLY ready ! Vicky , who did all the filming and editing and whatever else is involved in making a video happen , was crook for a while but now all is well and the DVD is available 8) Watched it this weekend and is good for a laugh or 2. 8)

samprinci

Post by samprinci »

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

Congarts. that's freaken AWSUM!!!
Join the fun! Join the club! - FB-EK Holden Car Club of NSW
www.fbekholdennsw.com
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

NoMAD

Post by NoMAD »

nice work Blacky, good to see it finally done... i so need this done to my FB... :oops: :oops: :oops: hahaha

will have to nip down to AAP... man i always spend money there

have you actually fully finished this thing yet? or what have you been working on now?

(will try and get up your joint Sunday arvo perhaps this week if available for those parts, otherwise it can wait)

Cheers
Nathan
FB/EK Holden Car Club of W.A. Inc
Foundation Member
EK283
State: NSW

Post by EK283 »

Blacky,

I must say I live in Sydney as you once did and this sort of caper is hard to come by !!!!!!

Good luck to all of you involved in that club, I wish I could be part of it.

Regards Greg
So many cars so little time!
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

I just watched the video of this again last night - holy hell that was a big weekend , wish I still had the energy level I had back then :? :?