Speedo

If it doesn't fit below then post here and see if another FB EK fanatic can help you out.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

BILLY BLACKARROW
State: NSW

Speedo

Post by BILLY BLACKARROW »

Did any of the V8 guys have to have their speedo verified that it was reading correct for the engineer or did he just go for a run in it to check against a GPS.
BILLY BLACKARROW
MY Father always said do the hard part first --because when you are OVER IT you only have the easy part left to do THINGS I HAVE TRIED TO LIVE BY
Mick

Re: Speedo

Post by Mick »

when i recently (in the last year) had the austin engineered yes he did check the speedo and it did have to be within a certain percentage (can't remember how much) lucky i had 2 speedos in the car the one in the dash is out by miles but at the time i also had a cheap GPS speedo which was only out by 3% and he said that's ok and he'll just go off that speedo
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

BILLY BLACKARROW wrote:Did any of the V8 guys have to have their speedo verified that it was reading correct for the engineer or did he just go for a run in it to check against a GPS.
Over here they can read up to 9% fast but can’t read slow - I had a correction box made for the one in my ute now it’s spot on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Harv

Post by Harv »

Engineer verified via a GPS (I also checked using a free iPhone app). NCOP allows you 10% error.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.