Coarse spline 3.36 banjo diff centre wanted

Need something for your daily driver or to finish off that project?

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Stygian
State: NSW

Coarse spline 3.36 banjo diff centre wanted

Post by Stygian »

Hi All,

With a view to the long trip to the Nationals this year, I'm looking for a good, non-whining 3.36 coarse spline banjo diff centre. Anyone got one spare that they know is a good unit?

I'm located Northern Sydney area.

Cheers
Stygian

FOUND - Coarse spline 3.36 banjo diff centre wanted

Post by Stygian »

Found one in great nick on Gumtree; and the guy didn't want the Earth for it either.
Blacky
State: WA

Re: Coarse spline 3.36 banjo diff centre wanted

Post by Blacky »

Good one, prices can be all over the place for them these days , going rate in WA is $50-$100 for an unknown unit but you need to be quick.
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Stygian

Re: Coarse spline 3.36 banjo diff centre wanted

Post by Stygian »

Blacky wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:56 am Good one, prices can be all over the place for them these days , going rate in WA is $50-$100 for an unknown unit but you need to be quick.
They sure can. People were asking $400 - $500 in unknown condition, which is too much. The one I found was out of a HZ wagon apparently and I paid $195 plus courier. I could see from the photos that the crown wheel looked to be in great condition. I was quoted $895 for a fully reconditioned single spinner coarse spline 3.36 and $3k for an LSD one :shock:

Craft Differentials, who Harv put me onto, told me last year the big problem with old red motor Holden banjo diff centres is that the crown and pinion gears are wearing out after 50 - 60 years of use. Tall ratios like 3.08 and 2.78 aren't so much of a problem, but the lower 3.55 and 3.36 ones are. No one is making new ones.