Very long shot - Repco head

Need something for your daily driver or to finish off that project?

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Harv
State: NSW

Very long shot - Repco head

Post by Harv »

This is perhaps one of the ultimate long shots, but I can only try. I would like to lay my hands on a genuine Repco HighPower head to suit a grey motor.

I had agreed to purchase one two years back (and was happy with the agreed price), but the seller did not carry through the deal. I have been patient on the deal, though sadly it looks like the head has subsequently been stolen. I have no reason to doubt the seller, nor any wish to provide any more detail - he is a decent gentleman, and I wish to respect his privacy. Suffice to say that after a few years of trying, I can now draw a line under the deal and recognise it is not going to happen :( .

I had another lead on some parts, though sadly the info got to me a few days late and the seller had passed on the bits.

I know that the heads are being reproduced, but for now have my heart set on a genuine one. I figure I'll try that for another few years, and if it all comes to nothing I'll pursue a reproduction.

My intent is to use the head as part of my meth monster project. The head will see real service, not be turned into a museum relic.

I recognise that the heads are rare, and worth a pretty penny. I have a number of bits of grey motor go-fast gear that I would be willing to lay into the deal as part payment - Myers, Norman, CSC, SU etc.

Appreciate any leads.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
BS
State: NOT ENTERED

Re: Very long shot - Repco head

Post by BS »

Hey harv, not sure if you know about this one which was apparently being advertised at bakersville?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Harv

Post by Harv »

Sounds about what I am after. Does anyone have contacts for Peter Mather?

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Harv

Post by Harv »

Managed to get hold of Peter today. Looks like this head sold, and went to Adelaide :( .

Still looking.

Cheers,
Harv
Harv

Post by Harv »

Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap: 8) 8)
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

Yowza!

FB ute fixer upper, EK van on rotisserie
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie