FITTING BUCKET SEATS

Includes seating, upholstery, door trims, dashboard and heater.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

ek wazza
State: NSW

FITTING BUCKET SEATS

Post by ek wazza »

In the process of deciding on bucket seats to fit and working out how to go about it. Does anyone have any pics of buckets seats in your car and how you mounted them??
Building an EK Special Sedan 304 T700, Rodtech F/end with disc's front & rear, and driving an EK Special Sedan Grey with Trimatic and the rest stock
gpi
State: VIC

Re: FITTING BUCKET SEATS

Post by gpi »

Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

They can be a bit of a bugger to mount , owing to the shape of the floor - Gazza fitted Commodore seats into his black beast and did a good write up of how he made the mounts - have alook in the MY FB/EK section , I will bump the thread for you . Not sure what page its on but have a read through - there is TONS of good information through the entire thread.
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

I remember well when I fitted HX buckets to my sedan in the eighties (yuck, right?), I made up spacer brackets from some jarrah fence rail off cuts I found lying around, with long bolts from the local hardware. At least I used some half decent washers. That car never went over the pits obviously. Later came to my senses, welded up the holes and put the bench back in, with column auto.

Not very helpful I’m afraid.

FB ute fixer upper, EK van on rotisserie
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Brett027

Post by Brett027 »

Blacky wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:04 pm They can be a bit of a bugger to mount , owing to the shape of the floor - Gazza fitted Commodore seats into his black beast and did a good write up of how he made the mounts - have alook in the MY FB/EK section , I will bump the thread for you . Not sure what page its on but have a read through - there is TONS of good information through the entire thread.
Hi Blacky,

I have tried to find this info but cant find it. Can you point me in the right direction please?
b
Sucker for a rusty bomb
Harv

Post by Harv »

327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Brett027

Post by Brett027 »

Thanks Harv. I can't find any pics of the inside rails- which of course are where the floor is at its most uneven. Are there any ? Is Garry still about and contactable?- last post was in 2017😒
Sucker for a rusty bomb
EK283

Post by EK283 »

Hi Brett,

This is what I made up for Commodore seats, similar to Gary's.

Scroll down and open the picture in a new window to loose the photo bucket label.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=882&start=240

Greg
So many cars so little time!
Harv

Post by Harv »

Brett027 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:17 pm Thanks Harv. I can't find any pics of the inside rails- which of course are where the floor is at its most uneven. Are there any ? Is Garry still about and contactable?- last post was in 2017😒
Only other picture he has is here, once the Dynamat went down:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3740&hilit=v8ek4us&start=570

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Brett027

Post by Brett027 »

Many thanks Gary- great ideas and amazing build too😀. Thanks Harv, Do you know if they were welded directly on to floor pan or bolted on like Gary's?
Sucker for a rusty bomb
EK283

Post by EK283 »

Greg ! My Names Greg !!!!! Ha Ha ha.

I'm pretty sure Gary has welded his mounts in, I (Greg) have made removable mounts just in case I ever decide to change the seats.

Regards Greg
So many cars so little time!
Brett027

Post by Brett027 »

Thanks Garry😁.
Just kidding, sorry Greg🙂. Appreciate the help very much. I've sent a question about welding vs bolting to cert engineer. Will see what he says.
Bill
Sucker for a rusty bomb