60 years ago at Parkes -

Have you spotted any FB's or EK's we haven't seen before. Post your pics here.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

ardiesse
State: NSW

60 years ago at Parkes -

Post by ardiesse »

The Parkes Radio Telescope was officially opened on October 31, 1961, by the Governor-General.

On the right of the photo is the vice-regal Roller. Note the vehicle on the left in the background.

(Photo supplied by John Sarkissian, CSIRO, Parkes)

Rob
Blacky
State: WA

Re: 60 years ago at Parkes -

Post by Blacky »

Far nicer than any bloody Pommy crap .......... :ebiggrin: :ebiggrin: :ebiggrin:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

Nice looking EK with a flash kit........ heh, heh, heh

FB ute driver, EK van project

getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Errol62 wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:58 pm Nice looking EK with a flash kit........ heh, heh, heh

FB ute driver, EK van project
EK owners have been upgrading their cars with FB bits since day dot - but most likely not in 1960 ......... :P :P :P
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

EK DAZ
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by EK DAZ »

The photographer must be an FB enthusiast as he's taking a photo of it and not the pommie crap.
EK DAZ
Mick

Post by Mick »

many years ago i tried to buy a black FB that had the same flash, scratch plates, sun visor and a bunch of other nasco (clock, taxi rail etc etc) out that way though the fella did say it was one owner
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Mick wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:57 pm many years ago i tried to buy a black FB that had the same flash, scratch plates, sun visor and a bunch of other nasco (clock, taxi rail etc etc) out that way though the fella did say it was one owner
Musta been from that bloke in Peak Hill - everyone knows he never sells anything :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: ask any farcebook " expert "

Mick

Post by Mick »

Blacky wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:10 am
Mick wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:57 pm many years ago i tried to buy a black FB that had the same flash, scratch plates, sun visor and a bunch of other nasco (clock, taxi rail etc etc) out that way though the fella did say it was one owner
Musta been from that bloke in Peak Hill - everyone knows he never sells anything :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: ask any farcebook " expert "
:lol: :lol: :lol:

was a cool old bloke he had a dozen or so FB/EKs laying around the black FB was the only driver he had just rebuilt the engine it was for his granddaughter to drive, it was when i built the convertible, i was after parts funny thing he said i could take what ever i wanted off the cars around the yard but he wanted to keep the bodies no idea why, i got a complete immaculate set of FB front panels, he didn't want any money i gave him a hundred bucks, he wasn't going to take it i said if you don't i'm going to leave it in your letter box
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter