Horn contact ring

Includes wiring and battery, generating system, starting system,
ignition system, windscreen wipers, lighting system and instruments and gauges.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Blacky
State: WA

Horn contact ring

Post by Blacky »

One of our club members needs a horn contact ring for his FB , he has been offered a NOS FC one, does someone have a Master Parts cattledog and can check if they are the same please ????
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Harv
State: NSW

Re: Horn contact ring

Post by Harv »

Horn contact and cable block:
FE/FC: 7409522
FB/EK: 7412712

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
ardiesse

Post by ardiesse »

. . . and I'm guessing the FE-FC ones will be the "split-pin-and-contact" arrangement, while the FB-EK ones will be the "cap, braid and spring" arrangement. They will be functionally identical.

Rob
Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

Post says contact RING which I take to mean the perforated sprung disc. Without checking the manual i can confidently say they are identical.

I have a few I don't need if he wants one.

FB ute driver, EK van project

getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
ardiesse

Post by ardiesse »

Thanks Clay. As ever (note to self) read the bloody thread from the start.

Horn contact ring - that'll be the brass ring on a Bakelite insulator, with a wire soldered to it. They'll be the same FE-EK.

Rob
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

ardiesse wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:42 am Thanks Clay. As ever (note to self) read the bloody thread from the start.

Horn contact ring - that'll be the brass ring on a Bakelite insulator, with a wire soldered to it. They'll be the same FE-EK.

Rob

Thats the one Rob, apparently they are the same but the FE/C has a longer wire, kinda makes sense seeing as the column is longer ........
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Harv

Post by Harv »

The two part numbers I gave above are for the brass ring on a Bakelite insulator, with a wire soldered to it. If your mate gets into trouble Blacky I've probably got an FB/EK one here.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

Thought hou were talking about this one.Image

FB ute driver, EK van project

getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Harv wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:18 am The two part numbers I gave above are for the brass ring on a Bakelite insulator, with a wire soldered to it. If your mate gets into trouble Blacky I've probably got an FB/EK one here.

Cheers,
Harv
Cheers mate, hopefully the fc ones will do the job