Hazard lights system for EK

Includes wiring and battery, generating system, starting system,
ignition system, windscreen wipers, lighting system and instruments and gauges.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

ceej810
State: NSW

Hazard lights system for EK

Post by ceej810 »

Hi has anyone fitted a hazard light control system for an EK I believe it has to be with its own flasher and separate control switch. Is there a kit?
BILLY BLACKARROW

Re: Hazard lights system for EK

Post by BILLY BLACKARROW »

I 'am going through the same thing at the moment but I 'am using a aftermarket wiring harness and I'am using LED lights so I 'am thinking of putting a buzzer in to make a noice when they are flashing This seamed to be the easiest that I have found Greg _EK283 may be able to set you straight about the extra flasher switch I don't know anything about that
Screenshot (1).png
Screenshot (1).png (817.48 KiB) Viewed 714 times
BILLY BLACKARROW
MY Father always said do the hard part first --because when you are OVER IT you only have the easy part left to do THINGS I HAVE TRIED TO LIVE BY
BILLY BLACKARROW

Post by BILLY BLACKARROW »

This will make it easier to read just remember I 'am using LEDs and putting in a Buzzer and like I said earlyer Greg or somone else will have to sort out the extra flasher can ??
Hazard 3.png
Hazard 3.png (49.05 KiB) Viewed 685 times
BILLY BLACKARROW
MY Father always said do the hard part first --because when you are OVER IT you only have the easy part left to do THINGS I HAVE TRIED TO LIVE BY
EK283

Post by EK283 »

Yes I've done them,

You need a flasher can and a relay as well as a purpose built switch. I don't remember off the top of my head how its wired so will have to look for a diagram I've got sitting somewhere.

Greg
So many cars so little time!
ceej810

Post by ceej810 »

Hi Billy and Greg. The separate flasher can is important there needs to be some sort of relay control to stop both signals activating when the turn signals are operated. I have got that far so if Greg can follow up with the relay necessary we may be able to get it. It definitely has to have a separate flasher can Billy.

ceej810

Post by ceej810 »

Billy ,my car has led turn signals and LED halo headlights with amber turn signals when they are used and the day light running lights go from white to amber. The lights give very good visibility and the traffic knows exactly what is happening. To make them work I had to put in an LED flasher and normal bulbs in the rear instead of resistors. It now works magnificently. I also have dual filament LED globes in the parking lights that flash amber when the turn signals are operated. They are white when the parking lights are on but amber if the turn signals are used.
EK283

Post by EK283 »

Sorry for the delay,

So I have a dedicated flasher can into a 2 pole hazard switch ( this is required to separate the left and right circuits when not in use) then just tapped into the blinker wiring left and right side. Similar to Bill's diagram but uses its own flasher can, this come with my wiring fuse block.
Initially I thought there was a relay but that's not the case, the relay was for the start in gear eliminator.

Regards Greg
So many cars so little time!
ceej810

Post by ceej810 »

Thanks Greg it makes sense now. I will try to find a 2 pole hazardous flasher switch and fit a electronic flasher on it as the LED lights wont work with a normal flasher can. I am pretty sure I can now get it to work.
Thanks Again :vecctor: