SA All Holden Day 2021

All the info, questions and discussion for the various All Holden Day shows in each state

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Errol62
State: SA

Re: SA All Holden Day 2021

Post by Errol62 »

Fingers crossed for Toowoomba zzzzzzzzzzzz........

FB ute fixer upper, EK van on rotisserie
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Mick
State: NSW

Post by Mick »

Wrongway Roger wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:18 pm
We opened the gate at 7.45 and by 9.15 we were full and had to turn cars away. I could not believe the number of cars that turned up.
Lots more Commodore's this year.

Cheers,
Roger
yeah i saw complaints on facebook about the commodores people with early holdens that couldn't get in we have the same issue at the NSW AHD, but based on pics still seems quite a good turnout of older holdens
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Wrongway Roger
State: SA

Post by Wrongway Roger »

Hi,
I heard there is too many Commodore attending every year but it is "first in gets a spot ".
I have also heard that we have out grown the venue and should find somewhere bigger. The AHD has now been at Glenelg for 11 years, on the third Sunday of January, with most Holden club having this is their events calender.

The feedback for the entrants is "great event, very causal, no stress, easy to get a feed or beer, not locked in".

We get a lot of walk on's from the general public, who spend money with the food vendors and visit the trade stands.
The crowds add the the event.

As we know, location of an event is very important and I believe our event, pulls people to Glenelg. A point I have made to the council several times.
I think there is a need for a Commodore only show here in Adelaide. Maybe the SA club could run it and generate some income ?

Cheers,
Roger
There is a right way and a wrong way and then there is my way which is usually the long way.
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

Wrongway Roger wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:13 pm Hi,

I think there is a need for a Commodore only show here in Adelaide. Maybe the SA club could run it and generate some income ?

Cheers,
Roger
Perhaps its time for a steel bumper cutoff ??? makes it easy to understand for most sane people, although the VK/L and Gemini crowds might have a sook ..............
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
59wagon
State: WA

Post by 59wagon »

What a fantastic turnout. Congrat's Roger and all your crew, and thanks for all the time and effort you put into running such an event which helps to grow interest in these old girls.

Cheers,

John