Best Wheel, Tyre Sizing tool

Includes handbrake, cylinders, shoes, discs, rims and rubber.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

gmclassic
State: NOT ENTERED

Best Wheel, Tyre Sizing tool

Post by gmclassic »

Thanks to motivation from Dragway wheels to an EK post 2008.

The biggest problem I and no doubt many others have with the early Holden's is figuring out newer Wheels & Tyre's for modified FB/EKs.
Sure if you are running 13 or 14 inch mags they are still about but not much choice & recondition ones will cost heaps with limited tyre
availability. If your not into all rim and 2 inch sidewalls the choice is 15 inch. My FB has been running HR front discs & rear end in a stock body
with rolled guards, I have run old school Jelly Beans 13 X 7 with 205/60 for over 20yrs. Part of the issue is higher revs and fuell bills. I put
a pair of 14 X 7 225/60/14 on the rear to go from Canberra to the Moruya Nats in 2018. The difference was great so I wanted a set of new Mags
that matched and Suit my car. I settled on a set of 15 x 6 inch alloys with 3.5 Backspace. (could go 7s on rear no worries). This now opens up
a endless option in tyre sizes. I found this great tool to figure out rim and tyre options if you have the basic measurements like Back Space,
Rim Hight and Width to compare with your existing wheels. Enjoy www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp
Cheers
Blacky
State: WA

Re: Best Wheel, Tyre Sizing tool

Post by Blacky »

I used that one a few years back to size up tyres for a car IO bought in the US so I could have new wheels and tyres fitted before we got there - its a beauty :thumbsup:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.