Neils Frankenstein Ute

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

62ekute
State: ACT

Re: Neils Frankenstein Ute

Post by 62ekute »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

Nice one mate , ready for a nice shakedown run to Gazza and Sues next weekend for a celebratory cordial 🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
FireKraka

Post by FireKraka »

Thanks for the comments guys March 2015 1st port on the Ute :roll:
Blacky yes looking forward to bring Frank down to Gazza's on Sunday, robyn can't make it :roll: Frank and I will be waiting just south of Karnup road there's a truck pull in area just south so don't miss the bright orange Frank and I waiting. :lol:
Neil
Member of WA FB/EK Car Club
Frankenstein EK V6 Ute
FB Station Wagon Project
1950's Commer Light Truck (2.5 Ton)
Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

Hearty congratulations Neil. You're perserverence overcame. Why they so hard on you? Someone didn't tattoo hoon on your forehead while you were sleeping did they?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
59wagon

Post by 59wagon »

So happy for you Neil. You’ve worked through a lot of frustrating issues to get here and well deserve the big smile I bet you’ve got on your dial. Thanks for sharing your build on here.
I read the modification list in your report and it says rear wheel dyno not to exceed 107 killer wasps? I thought the stock Buick came out at around 130kW - though that’s probably at the motor rather than rear wheels. Do you think it should be 207 rather than 107?

Have fun mate,

Cheers,
John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FireKraka

Post by FireKraka »

Hi Bones thanks.
When it was on the Dyno the last time the tuner would not put anymore into it because the exhaust temps were all over the place and he wasn't happy, I found out it was because of the plugs being fowled I changed them and temps evened out, trouble was I had booked the engineer to witness so that is what he signed off on, the engine dyno that I originally received from the guy I bought it from said 227hp at rear however in his car it was manual and he had a lot different diff gears, there is more in it I know there is and it does go pretty hard even with what it has now. Tuner said to bring it back and he would Road tune it further but I'll have to talk to the engineer and see what he says about the difficulty of getting to approval changed might just be easier to let it go as I said it goes pretty well now.
Frankenstein EK V6 Ute
FB Station Wagon Project
59wagon

Post by 59wagon »

That’s great that you’re happy with it.
What’s confusing me though, and this is just for my interest and nothing to do with your car, is that it seems you can’t exceed the test reading you got. I believe the power/weight ratio allowed for EK is about 180kw/1000kg. So if you did some more mod’s for more power, you’d have to get it passed by an engineer again even if it’s under the allowed ratio?
Sorry if it seems like I’m carrying on, but these reg’s stiil confuse the shit out of me due to their inconsistencies.
Cheers, John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Harv
State: NSW

Post by Harv »

Well done sir 8)

59wagon wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:34 pmI read the modification list in your report and it says rear wheel dyno not to exceed 107 killer wasps? I thought the stock Buick came out at around 130kW - though that’s probably at the motor rather than rear wheels. Do you think it should be 207 rather than 107?
Yep, the L27 should be good for 130 killerwoozles at the crank, or about 85 at the treads. 107kW at the treads is about 20% over a bog stock vehicle... about the same point where NCOP asks you to go get an engineers certificate.

Sounds like you are stuck in having that original dyno value used (thankfully NSW does not require a dyno report for engineering). I tried damn hard to make the wagon legal, but if the only difference was tuning, I'm not sure I could resist the temptation to squeeze more out of it.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Brett027
State: NSW

Post by Brett027 »

Congratulations Neil, wonderful news. It's been a terrific build and your perseverance inspiring. Can't wait to see you in Bungendore😀.
Sucker for a rusty bomb
In the Shed
State: SA

Post by In the Shed »

Well done Neil
You have certainly had your challenges but you are now at the end so enjoy taking Frank for a fang next week.

Add some pics when you get them plates on 😊
Stephen
A day in the shed beats a day at work!
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

..................... what they all said ....

.... and we need a burnout pic :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :thumbsup:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
FireKraka

Post by FireKraka »

Look what I picked up this morning :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
IMG_0954.jpg
IMG_0954.jpg (1.99 MiB) Viewed 334 times
Neil
Frankenstein EK V6 Ute
FB Station Wagon Project