Club Rego morning

Club Runs, meetings and other news for fans of FBs & EKs in S.A

Moderators: reidy, Blacky, SA Mod

Wrongway Roger
State: SA

Club Rego morning

Post by Wrongway Roger »

Hi SA members,
We are holding a Club Rego morning at the Homemaker Centre at Mile End on the 26th July,10.00 am to 12.00 near Subway.
Those members who need their log books signed and stamp can rock up and see Richard.

Members have the option of sending in your logbooks as per the club email sent.

If your car is not on club rego, you can do this on the day by filling in the forms and getting a logbook.
I think it is time I stepped up and did the crusty wagon.

Cheers,
Roger - President.
There is a right way and a wrong way and then there is my way which is usually the long way.
Wrongway Roger

Re: Club Rego morning

Post by Wrongway Roger »

We had a good morning resigning members and doing the required sign off and stamp of log books.
A few to chase up as usual but very happy with the morning.
Richard and Paul did a great job with the car rego's and Anne-Marie took care of the membership.
rego 3.JPG
rego 3.JPG (149.33 KiB) Viewed 681 times
rego 2.JPG
rego 2.JPG (171.69 KiB) Viewed 681 times
rego 1.JPG
rego 1.JPG (155.49 KiB) Viewed 681 times
Gary bought the little Austin down from Stirling for a drive.

Cheers,
Roger
There is a right way and a wrong way and then there is my way which is usually the long way.
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

Ring ding. Scraping the door handles on devils elbow no doubt. Well done Roger. My trip to modbury north was a dud. Funny rims they were 4x13” not 4.5”, with 95mm back space and stud pattern looked about right. Stamped 1960 so no excuse for advertising as HR,other than idiocy of course.

FB ute fixer upper, EK van on rotisserie
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
FbSTDwagon

Post by FbSTDwagon »

Gday Errol.

Just a question re club rego.

Could a vehicle that has never been registered in SA be registered via a club, or does it need to go to Regency for a numbers check and inspection first?

Drew
Drew
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

If unmodified it will only need to have an identity check.with DPTI. They check the engine number to ensure it hasn’t been reported stolen I believe, and have access to data from other states via the number plates if you have them.

Only when the vehicle has been inspected and registered with DPTI can it then obtain conditional or club rego. Hope this helps.

EK van on rotisserie
In the Shed

Post by In the Shed »

Errol62 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:07 pm If unmodified it will only need to have an identity check.with DPTI. They check the engine number to ensure it hasn’t been reported stolen I believe, and have access to data from other states via the number plates if you have them.

Only when the vehicle has been inspected and registered with DPTI can it then obtain conditional or club rego. Hope this helps.

Hi Drew
As Clay described is how my ute that came from Vic got club rego, just the identity check. This might help

https://www.sa.gov.au/topics/driving-an ... nspections
Regards
Stephen
A day in the shed beats a day at work!
FbSTDwagon

Post by FbSTDwagon »

Thanks guys, that is exactly what I expected.

My wagon has no rego plates so I imagine it will require a full pit inspection.
Drew
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

If unmodified it should just be an identity check based on the engine number Drew.

EK van on rotisserie
FbSTDwagon

Post by FbSTDwagon »

Yes I understand that, but I’m hoping to keep the patina paint so she will look like a farm bus.
So in saying that I’m sure they will ask to put it up on the hoist for a good look over.
Everything will be restored to a point where it’s legal, but I’m going to try to hold onto its history a story as much as I can.
Drew
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

Yes I see your point. My strategy is to make it look roadworthy so they don't look too hard.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

EK van on rotisserie
EK283
State: NSW

Post by EK283 »

I am the Conditional rego rep here in NSW for my race car club the HTCA.

I introduced this scheme as a committee member because a lot of the club members have road going cars of the era as well as race cars.

Here in NSW to get the Conditional rego it must be inspected initially with what we call a blue slip (numbers check rego check combined). Every year after that a pink slip only, rego check.
We can have some modifications buy they must fall within the NSW RMS guidelines of not requiring engineering.
We also give conditional rego to modified vehicles as long as they are engineered.
This type of rego has a log book that allows you to drive the car 60 days per year any time and anywhere, The cost is around $200 for the year including club membership, green slip and rego.

With regards to Historic vehicles, technically in NSW they need to be 100% original from the factory. The cars usually only driven on club sanctioned runs and to places of repair with limitations. A lot of people fudge this and have different wheels engines gearboxes etc and some use the "period modification" statement to get around it. Our club has chosen not to do this type of rego because of the limitations it has, and because the RMS is now focused on ensuring these type of vehicles are legitimate.

It is interesting to watch other states rego rules and I always wonder why they are all so different. Its really bizarre how you can rego a modified car in one state legally then drive it across the border and find it is illegal in that state !

Anyway just play by the rules and it will give you no grief !

Greg
So many cars so little time!
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

Yes we ared lucky in SA now thanks to the efforts of Glen Stinkervis (apology for spelling glen), Stinky on this forum. The historical provision has been replaced to allow any legal modifications. Technically you can now register your fully pimped VN on historical reg. You are only paying third party and reduced emergency services levy and can drive 90 days a year with proper log keeping.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

EK van on rotisserie