OIL PUMP

If it doesn't fit below then post here and see if another FB EK fanatic can help you out.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

FJWALLY
State: VIC

OIL PUMP

Post by FJWALLY »

One for the braintrust - my old man put a grey motor oil pump into his 28 Chev motor many moons ago and it's not working too well now - the gears are showing lots of wear and not getting enough oil pressure.

Is there a recommendation oil pump available thats of good quality or is buying the gear sets and doing yourself the only option?
You will find me lost somewhere!
FJWALLY
State: VIC

Re: OIL PUMP

Post by FJWALLY »

SunnyTim wrote:
FJWALLY wrote:One for the braintrust - my old man put a grey motor oil pump into his 28 Chev motor many moons ago and it's not working too well now - the gears are showing lots of wear and not getting enough oil pressure.

Is there a recommendation oil pump available thats of good quality or is buying the gear sets and doing yourself the only option?
You could look for another second hand pump however I would rekit. Not a big job I think the rebuild kits are just shy of $300 these days though however NOS ones come up semi regularly.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
Thanks Tim - he picked up a auto-surplus kit and I sent him the page from manual - all good

You’ll find me lost somewhere!
You will find me lost somewhere!