Wiring harness

Includes wiring and battery, generating system, starting system,
ignition system, windscreen wipers, lighting system and instruments and gauges.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Brett027
State: NSW

Re: Wiring harness

Post by Brett027 »

Hi all, has anyone got a photo of how the wire harness on a sedan tracks back from the floor into the boot? I should have taken a photo at the time and now can't remember. Do those little flat tabs that follow the curve on the rear arch on the drivers side hold it?
Also any pics of how the vinyl attaches to the same arches next to the rear seat squabs? I recall it being glued on the large part and screwed on the upright section with some bracket????
Many thanks, (dementia is a wonderful thing) Brett.
Sucker for a rusty bomb
Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

Found the vinyl trim from my old sedan if it is any help Brett.ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Brett027
State: NSW

Post by Brett027 »

Thanks Clay much appreciated. Its a strange set up with that metal in it. Mine were rusted to dust. Good to see the screw type, again not much left on mine. Rosco and Dave (Orange Betty fame) have been giving me a hand on this too.
Cheers.
Sucker for a rusty bomb
FJWALLY
State: VIC

Post by FJWALLY »

fraze wrote:Vintage Wiring Harnesses at Ringwood, Vic. made up a new harness for my FB Ute last year. I had turn indicator wires added in. All good, except there could have been a bit of extra length to the wires to the instrument cluster. With the supplied instructions it was very easy to fit. Fraze.
I had same issue with wire length - tell them to add 5cm to all wires then it would be heaps easier - especially the regulator wires are too short

You’ll find me lost somewhere!
You will find me lost somewhere!
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

I bit the bullet and ordered the vintage wiring loom last night on line. I will back up with a phone call on Tuesday to confirm indicator wiring, extra length for dash, and I’m running an alternator.

Main benefit I see is all new joiners. What about the globe sockets, oh and do they do the blue loom tape?

FB ute fixer upper, EK van on rotisserie
EK van on rotisserie
FJWALLY
State: VIC

Post by FJWALLY »

Errol62 wrote:I bit the bullet and ordered the vintage wiring loom last night on line. I will back up with a phone call on Tuesday to confirm indicator wiring, extra length for dash, and I’m running an alternator.

Main benefit I see is all new joiners. What about the globe sockets, oh and do they do the blue loom tape?

No tape on mine - i bought rares stuff but want to get some better looking stripe stuff to re-do it at some point - most sockets are ok but not as good as original quality and I think indicators were an issue so keep old ones - rares sell the new joiners on engine bay for lights and horn connection

You’ll find me lost somewhere!
You will find me lost somewhere!
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

I’m chasing a rear indicator socket. They have the mounting spring facing the globe side unlike sedan and front, being FE FC type. Haven’t had a proper look yet. No doubt I’ll turn one up.

EK van on rotisserie
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

Errol62 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:41 pm

I looked EVERYWHERE for blue harness tape when I did my ute - best I could find was amob in China who would sell it to me :thumbsup: - but it was a 3000 roll minimum order :thumbsdown:

Suffice to say my harness in black .......
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

Yehvteclon I've seen it somewhere.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

EK van on rotisserie