Fuel Filter

Includes fuel system, cooling system and exhaust.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Fex
State: QLD

Fuel Filter

Post by Fex »

This is a picture of, I presume, a fuel filter. It is on an FJ army ute. Not quite FB EK but trying to tap into as much knowledge as I can with this one, and there is so much knowledge here (righto, end of sucking up.. :wink34: ) Has anyone seen something similar? Looking to find out if it is a generic type filter or possibly an army feature. Any info appreciated.

Cheers, Andrew
Fuel filter in FJ body 26.JPG
Fuel filter in FJ body 26.JPG (1.49 MiB) Viewed 280 times
ardiesse
State: NSW

Re: Fuel Filter

Post by ardiesse »

I think Stan Bennett would be the guy to tell you.

Rob
Fex

Post by Fex »

Thanks Rob.

I have posted it on the FX FJ forum as well. I’ve seen a fair few FXFJs and I’ve never seen one so trying to cast the net a bit further.

Cheers, Andrew
Harv

Post by Harv »

Haven’t seen one on a grey before, but appears to be a “UFO” type filter. Common on 60’s injected go-fast cars. Photo below is of a reproduction unit, destined for my meth-monster project.
9F15B2C3-440A-4108-9D5B-596ED203A13D.jpeg
9F15B2C3-440A-4108-9D5B-596ED203A13D.jpeg (80.92 KiB) Viewed 251 times
Bit larger, as it will need to flow alky volumes.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Dr Terry

Post by Dr Terry »

AFAIK that device is either a fuel regulator or damper. The theory was that they took the pressure & pulsation away from the needle & seat in an effort to prevent flooding & vapourisation as well as extending its life. I've seen several versions over the years.

Whether it actually worked or not is anybody's guess. A bit like a Brock polariser I suppose.

Dr Terry
Fex

Post by Fex »

Thanks Gents. I have had a few votes for a filter and also a pressure regulator. The best thing might be to pull it apart and just have a look :D Its not on my car though and apparently its in accessible at the moment. I was chasing it up for another bloke a bit ahead of time. Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers, Andrew