What is the "Nats" all about?

Here is the place to discuss the Nationals, each year will have a new thread added for up-to-date info!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

rosco
State: VIC

Re: What is the

Post by rosco »

Thanks Tim,
well worded - it's not about trophies.... many who's only intention to attend is to come away with one - leave disappointed...
Every car is a winner... they are all magnificent. Everyone who has one should firmly believe that their's is the best one on parade...
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder....

It's about the fraternity of going and meeting up with like minded owners that is the root basis of a nats... a coming together will all other owners who attend...
Accept this, and you'll have an amazing time... don't and you'll simply miss out on the very best part of going...

frats,
Rosco
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

I think of it more as a family reunion - with cars thrown in for good measure :lol: :lol:

I reckon it took me a good hour and a half to get from the front door of the pub to where the WA crowd were waiting for us on the balcony upstairs on the friday night at Mudgee :ebiggrin: :ebiggrin: :ebiggrin:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

SunnyTim wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:45 am You can have Brett....

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Deal - as long as you keep Robin :wink:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

rosco

Post by rosco »

Sounds like a good swap to me..
Seriously, both are passionate about their cars... and that wins hands down to me...
Just don't get cornered with the photo album (LOL)... or ask Sam about the "accident"...

frats,
Rosco
rosco

Post by rosco »

Oh no!... is he OK?

Not the "Darwin bulldozer"...

frats,
Rosco
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

SunnyTim wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:31 pm Sadly Robin's car was recently written off

That is sad news, that car had a lot of history :( :(

Mick
State: NSW

Post by Mick »

SunnyTim wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:31 pm Sadly Robin's car was recently written off

apparently it fell off a bridge :shock: :oops: :shifty: :wtf:
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
FJWALLY

Post by FJWALLY »

rego paid and accommodation booked - I booked a little cottage around the corner from the golf club so I had somewhere to park the cruiser off street for the weekend - there is a second room with a couple single beds if anyone needs a bed.
You will find me lost somewhere!
rosco

Post by rosco »

Mick wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:17 pm

apparently it fell off a bridge :shock: :oops: :shifty: :wtf:
Not the Tasman bridge? (LOL)
Still haven't heard if he is ok.. fingers crossed... harmless bugger, I didn't mind chatting to him.. bit of a one way street at times - I did a lot of listening (hard for me).. and think I've been through that photo album he carries more times than anyone else...
Kindly let me know if he's alright.. I very much hope so.

frats,
Rosco
Hamlet
State: QLD

Post by Hamlet »

G'day Rosco, Robin is fine, the car was hit from behind and pushed into another. This happened a while back, probably October, the insurance wrote it off and Robin has retained the "wreck". We may or may not see the car again, but we'll certainly see Robin.
rosco

Post by rosco »

Thanks Hamlet... bugger - that car had a bigger history than Robin.. hard to tell them apart at times.
Yes, hope he gets another re-built. From what I understand - if it's been written off, it can't be registered again.... or insured.... guess, Robin might be on the lookout for another wagon - aka another FB motorhome...

thanks for the update.. reliever to learn that he is as good as he ever will be..

frats,
Rosco