Roof lining bows

Includes seating, upholstery, door trims, dashboard and heater.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

butchranger ken
State: NSW

Roof lining bows

Post by butchranger ken »

Gday I hope someone can help me.
I have read everthing on this site about roof lining bows but question
I took some bows from a FB ute that was rusting away in a paddock and they are all the same length. When I tried to fit my new roof lining the middle bow sits to high and the lining fouls on the centre bar where the interior light sits. Am I doing somethingh wrong or should ute bows be different lengths.
Thanks for any thoughts
Ken
Harv

Re: Roof lining bows

Post by Harv »

FB/EK utes are the odd ones out - they use the same roof listing wires for both positions (part number 7413793). Every other Holden seems to use unique wires for each position.

You only ever work that out after you pull the wires out of a wagon without labelling them. The magic paint markings generally don't survive 50-odd years of weather, and you can't work out which order to put them back in. Don't ask me how I know :oops: .

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
butchranger ken

There is 3 bows. But only the front 2 seem to have a indent where they are positioned does that seem right.
Harv

Post by Harv »

Should be two listing wires (part number 7413793) and one bow (7413925). I can't remember the order though, despite only having done Grace's ute recently :oops: .

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
butchranger ken

Does anyone have a photo of the listing wire that's referred to. Looked in the manual and there's no mention of them. May have to try and make something to do the job, Thanks
Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

My lining is at the trimmers with the bows in it as removed from fb ute. I’m thinking I will grab it as the work is still a way away and I’m afraid he sill get sick of it taking up space and chuck it. I’ll let you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
butchranger ken

Thanks for that would be very much appreciated.
Ken
FireKraka
State: WA

Post by FireKraka »

Hi Ken
I recently fitted the headklining in my ute and there are only 2 bows as has already been said.
The new headlining that I purchased had cloth pocket in it and this is where the listing wires that Harv mentioned go in, there should be small metal tabs on the front edge or side of the roof strengthener (this is from memory :roll:) and the wires hook over the tabs obviously when you put a hole in the cloth.
I found a photo from my build that shows the wires in place before I removed them , you can just see them on the right hand side; and the second photo shows the head lining in, the middle seam is where the listing wires are, this is not a bow remember.
Roof Repair 5.JPG
Roof Repair 5.JPG (774.27 KiB) Viewed 863 times
IMG_0171.jpg
IMG_0171.jpg (472.41 KiB) Viewed 863 times
Hope this helps
Neil
Member of WA FB/EK Car Club
Frankenstein EK V6 Ute
FB Station Wagon Project
1950's Commer Light Truck (2.5 Ton)
butchranger ken

Thanks for the reply’s , does the listing wire attach to the side anywhere or only go over the spike tabs and what is it made of a hard type wire or more flexible like a wire rope
Thanks again
FireKraka
State: WA

Post by FireKraka »

Hey Ken the wires don't attach to anywhere on the side only over over the tabs and they are a hard wire type not flexible wire rope.
Neil
Member of WA FB/EK Car Club
Frankenstein EK V6 Ute
FB Station Wagon Project
1950's Commer Light Truck (2.5 Ton)
butchranger ken

thanks for that Neil I will have a look at it today an see how I got. Thanks to everyone who helped makes it easy when people who have been there done that are around to give advice, again thanks.
Ken