Bog stock Bonaro

Got something else that you want to show off that's not an FB or EK? Try this section.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Errol62
State: SA

Bog stock Bonaro

Post by Errol62 »

ImageMarshalling this or of all Holden day today and thought it was the best Monaro there. Untouched second owner car with 186 power glide. Not 186s. Single exhaust and inlet manifolds although I couldn’t read the engine number. I thought 186s was the base spec so an interesting car. Untouched tidy original condition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
EK JAY
State: NSW

Re: Bog stock Bonaro

Post by EK JAY »

8) yep nice don't see many standard Monaro 's around and I'm pretty sure the base model a standard was 186 not 186s
Thanks for posting the pic 👍
EK JAY SINCE 1990
thebrotherj

Post by thebrotherj »

If those stripes are original, it’s a curious addition indeed, likely a dealer thing as they ordinarily belong on GTS models only.

But this was the beginning of the options game for Holden, you could order some bizarre combinations.

The base model Monaro could be ordered with a 161ci, 3 on the tree and non-assisted four wheel drums. If you wanted GTS, they began with 186’S’ on up.

Weird as I am getting in my taste as the years pass, I’d actually love to come across a mega base model Monaro. How cool.

EK JAY

Post by EK JAY »

thebrotherj wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:18 pm If those stripes are original, it’s a curious addition indeed, likely a dealer thing as they ordinarily belong on GTS models only.

But this was the beginning of the options game for Holden, you could order some bizarre combinations.

The base model Monaro could be ordered with a 161ci, 3 on the tree and non-assisted four wheel drums. If you wanted GTS, they began with 186’S’ on up.

Weird as I am getting in my taste as the years pass, I’d actually love to come across a mega base model Monaro. How cool. Image

Base model only had one Monaro badge on them and it was on the glove box from memory
And yep 161
EK JAY SINCE 1990
Mick

Post by Mick »

funny a mate had one years ago that he got from the original owner his uncle it was badged a kingswood
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter