FB ute

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Blacky
State: WA

Re: FB ute

Post by Blacky »

samprinci wrote:Hey Blacky!!

U never show us what u did with the tray / wood section....

Sorry to ask? if u have time, b great to c a few pix?????

TA
Sam
FINALLY got atround to putting the tray floor in it - finished it off tonight - its a sheet of 12mm marine ply and 25 x 2 mm stainless strips

When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
(AUST)Mod

Post by (AUST)Mod »

That looks great mate. What did you use to stain/seal the wood? Are the stainless strips raised or sunken into the wood?

I didn't see your ute at the Pipeline picnic - was it there?

Andrew
Craig wrote: Andrew you have a red so I wouldn't race it :wink:

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

(AUST)Mod wrote:That looks great mate. What did you use to stain/seal the wood? Are the stainless strips raised or sunken into the wood?

I didn't see your ute at the Pipeline picnic - was it there?

Andrew
I hit it with 3 coats of stain , then drilled all the holes and hit it with 3 coats of polyurethane floor coating stuff. The strips sit on top of the timber so eskies etc dont scratch it.

The bloody thing died on me on the way to the start of the Pipeline cruise so I had to take the Cruiser :evil:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Well I have finally had time to work on the ute before the start of the Nationals tomorrow :roll: :roll: :roll: its not finished but at least its started :wtf: Changed the cam out , it had an ex speedway cam of an unknown grind but way too much overlap for a stock pistoned street motor and has always had a flat spot off idle that gives me the irrits so out with that cam and in with a reground 21/61 cam from Clive Cams in Melabourne :ebiggrin: Also had a go at fixing the front of engine oil leak which has been there for years - found out it has no slinger fitted and the last " mechanic " that worked on it before Renmark managed to strip the thread on one of the bolts that held the timing cover on so he filled it with gasket sealer - and didnt bother with the stiffening plate that fits around the bottom of the timing cover - no wonder the bloody thing pissed oil out :x

Whacked it all back together and fired it up , sounds good in the shed 8) havent taken it for a spin yet so will see what tomorrow brings . Put my restorers hat on and lost the custom grille and went back to stock - only problem was no indicator lenses , rang Rare Parts and they didnt have any so I went for a scrounge through EKmart and found a pair of NOS ones 8) and a set of NOS gaskets 8) 8)

FJWALLY
State: VIC

Post by FJWALLY »

Great resto Blacky - glad you put another post up as I had never seen this one before as your last post was 7 yrs ago - LOL
Long live the Utes!!
You will find me lost somewhere!
Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

Yeah mate ditto that. Wedgewood Blue FB ute huh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

There is meant to be photos to go with this but for some reason I cant get Tapatalk to play the bloody game and right now I don't have the time to fart around with it :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

NoMAD

Post by NoMAD »

Blacky wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:00 am There is meant to be photos to go with this but for some reason I cant get Tapatalk to play the bloody game and right now I don't have the time to fart around with it :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
surely you have had time to sort that out :wave: :crazy: :silent:

nah good job mate... see you at the pub tomorrow

cheers
Nathan
FB/EK Holden Car Club of W.A. Inc
Foundation Member
FireKraka

Post by FireKraka »

Well done mate good to hear it is going to be at the nationals.

I had never seen your build photos before so went back and look at all the work you did great job.

Saw the photo of Chevy there and to think that he turned 21 last week :shock:

Neil
Member of WA FB/EK Car Club
Frankenstein EK V6 Ute
FB Station Wagon Project
1950's Commer Light Truck (2.5 Ton)
mph

Post by mph »

Sounds good mate looking forward to checking it out over the weekend .
FB-Special
Big block 161 :lol:
Holley sniper EFI.
Vintage air ducted heat and cool.
Ek auto column shift.
Lj diff and reverse lights.
WA FB~EK Car Club Member.
CHOPPED
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by CHOPPED »

blacky
you stole that colour from me :shock: :lol:
HEY IT WASNT ME
59wagon

Post by 59wagon »

Thanks, Blacky. You just made me waste about half an hour reading through your thread instead of working on my car :grin:

It's a great read.

Now I'm off to trim the whiskers, brush the ivories, then off to Mandurah to meet some dodgy car dudes!

Cheers,

John
In the Shed

Post by In the Shed »

59wagon wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:58 pm Thanks, Blacky. You just made me waste about half an hour reading through your thread instead of working on my car :grin:

It's a great read.

Now I'm off to trim the whiskers, brush the ivories, then off to Mandurah to meet some dodgy car dudes!

Cheers,

John

Hey John
Be careful of the pick pockets down there..... and the guys stealing hub caps off old Holden’s!

Regards
Stephen
A day in the shed beats a day at work!
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

I heard there are a lot of dodgy characters over your way at the moment boys so look out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
59wagon

Post by 59wagon »

Heading home on the train after midnight thanks to the dodgy brothers keeping me out in Mandurah 😙
981FDAED-D6A3-422F-8369-E0CEA256E6A9.jpeg
981FDAED-D6A3-422F-8369-E0CEA256E6A9.jpeg (1.82 MiB) Viewed 700 times