Oddball window glass ID

Includes sheet metal, rubbers, bumpers, badges and rust repairs.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Harv
State: NSW

Oddball window glass ID

Post by Harv »

I bought the wagon 15 years or so ago off a bloke who had had a bad prang. His nice maroon wagon was a right-off, so he bought a pale blue wagon to transfer all the bits on to. The job was too big for him, so he sold both the blue wagon and the recoverable maroon bits to me.

I had never seen an EK in bits before, so dutifully went through and tried to identify what I had. Labelled most stuff up, and where there were multiple bits I identified the better ones to go onto my V8 wagon project. Over time, the "better bits" got cleaned up, ready to reinstall. this included the window glasses... the ones on the blue wagon were pretty badly scratched, but there were some spare ones that looked good.

I must have been having a bad day when I sorted the window glass... the two front-door glasses that I assumed were off the maroon wagon and put aside are definitely not FB/EK. Had to get into the spare parts department again yesterday and recover some other ones from amongst the spooders.

Oddball window glass.JPG
Oddball window glass.JPG (1.07 MiB) Viewed 289 times

The one on the right is the correct FB/EK wagon/sedan glass. The one on the left is a mystery- too tall, too wide, and an odd corner cut. The only other doors I've had in pieces are some EH doors that I held for Dad, though from memory EH doors are not as tall as FB/EK.

Any ideas what the oddball glass is?

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
gpi
State: VIC

Re: Oddball window glass ID

Post by gpi »

fj? - nah not tapered

could be from a prototype :ninja22:
fastjbav6
State: WA

Post by fastjbav6 »

I think the give away is the way the glass on the left is secured to the "base bracket". I could be wrong but I'm unaware that early model holdens had a "button Hole" to help secure the glass to the "base bracket".

Regards Seb
Yellow Knight
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

fastjbav6 wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 12:03 am I think the give away is the way the glass on the left is secured to the "base bracket". I could be wrong but I'm unaware that early model holdens had a "button Hole" to help secure the glass to the "base bracket".

Regards Seb
The only Holdens that I am aware of that have the button hole is Monaros , with pillarless doors ???
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
fastjbav6

Post by fastjbav6 »

Yeah Blacky, I've fitted a few second hand ones in the early years. Not sure if any other Holden had "button holes" in the glass. I do recall seeing this years ago but can't remember what model cars. Maybe a Panel Beater would know since they are always replacing doors/skins.

Regards Seb.
Yellow Knight
Harv
State: NSW

Post by Harv »

Maybe I have an early EK Monaro prototype :lol:

Appreciate the info guys.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.