Running on empty EK

Have you spotted any FB's or EK's we haven't seen before. Post your pics here.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

It had twin exhausts too from memory .
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Sputzwagon
State: NOT ENTERED

Where IT IS!!

Post by Sputzwagon »

O.K. here goes...The Original 'Shake Rattle 'n' Roll' developed a dash fire that burnt it down to the ground and was totaled. The copy was built by Val Domotor in Penrith NSW around mid to late 80's. He also (as Pete mentioned) owns the Original '57 Chev & the Rammer, although the Rammer is one hell of a big project as there is bugger all left of it & it's covered in 200 inches of baby poop yellow high fill primer!!!!
The E.K. has the same plates but newer because the're copies, it was at first grey powered but is now a red with Toyota 5 speed. Roof is low sheen black instead of vinyl (for rust reasons) and front windows are one piece (no flip windows). I did the signwriting on the boot in his driveway during a rainstorm before another mates 40th (he owned the Fox Dodge!).
Val's wife Pip drives the EK every day to & from work as she is a service station manager. I have photo's of all the car's mentioned above & will add 'em here on the site SOON!
STAY TUNED!!!
Scotty.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Looking forward to seeing the photos Sputz, and if it ever comes up for sale, LET ME KNOW !!!! Thats one of my old ones I`d give my left knacker to have back !
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

mrs ratbox

Post by mrs ratbox »

val's copy doesn't have the bonnet so it's basically just a red EK with a black roof
so blacky you could do it yor self and having owned the original at one stage you would (if you can remember) know alot of the finner details
a guy used to own it around the toongabbie area in western sydney it was someone that was into FB/EK holdens this is going back to a year or so after the movie was that you blacky
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

I sold it to a bloke from out that way, I had it from late 1982 to mid 1983
I have this photo of it as a screensaver and it looked like the original bonnet , but is missing the (ugly) flared guards.

Harko

Post by Harko »

Blacky Ive got one aswell , wanna sell it ?
Easily distracted angle manipulator extrordinaire.
Sunnymick

Post by Sunnymick »

One of the kookiest things about the Bathurst Nationals was that on the saturday we took a drive over to Sofala. Sofala was the town where the Cars that ate Paris was filmed. For anyone who remembers that film a EK has a main car role in it towing a caravan. As soon as we drove into that little town 'Shake,Rattle and Roll' EK was parked there. In my hungover state it was like two classic movies had crossed over. Kooky 8) 8)
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Harko wrote:Blacky Ive got one aswell , wanna sell it ?
????

Harko

Post by Harko »

Blacky wrote:the rears were 14x8 widened hK rims although I only got one of the rear wheels because the other one got wrecked in the rollover when they fitted it to the stunt double FB - I think the other rim is still under the oldies house in Sydney come to think of it.
Easily distracted angle manipulator extrordinaire.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

AAAAAAHH , right- I will get the old man to have a look and see if its still there Harko, if it is you can have it.

yeprat1

Post by yeprat1 »

i see this car quite a bit around the penrith area but doesnt look as good as thst pic anymore
mrs ratbox

Post by mrs ratbox »

the one you see yeprat is the so called copy wich is basically a red EK with a black roof with the sign writing coppied
customfc

Post by customfc »

These pics come from the private collection of Trevor Page, and it is the first time these pics have been seen in public for over 20 years. Pics taken at the 1981 combined Christmas party of the FE FC and the FB EK Holden car clubs of NSW. The theme was 50's dress and I am not sure if the owner won the trophy for the car or the outfit. :D

Regards
Alex
customfc

Post by customfc »

Hey Tim
Your too fast for me, go back and take another look, I think I fixed 'em.
I saw Trevor about 2 1/2 years ago and he is doing fine. No Holden's in his life at the moment though.
If anyone was at this 1981 Christmas party, I have about 30 more pics.
Regards
Alex
Cal

Post by Cal »

There was a guy up the road from the school I used to go to in Randwick that had a 55 Chevy with a blown big block.

Word got around back then that it was the engine out of the black 57 from the movie...

Don't know how much truth there was to it though :?