EK windscreen washers

Post original documentation here

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Craig Allardyce
State: VIC

EK windscreen washers

Post by Craig Allardyce »

Not sure if it exists but would anyone have fitting instructions for vacuum windscreen washers to an EK? I'm trying to find the right spot where the nozzle is fitted in the bonnet. Also looking for info on the valve that was fitted to the inlet manifold ( I'm assuming it was a one way valve for backfire protection)
Thanks.
Harv
State: NSW

Re: EK windscreen washers

Post by Harv »

G'day Craig,

I've got the destructions for the FB and EJ foot-operated washers, FE/FC vacuum operated washers, and EH electric washers. Not sure if these help you though?

Haven't seen a check valve in the vacuum lines. The diaphragms have a hard enough time with ageing, let along the odd manifold pop.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Craig Allardyce

Thanks Andrew.
The check valve is pictured in the guide (Tim Galls car). I have seen them before but not recently. I'm just looking for a dimension to get the squirter in the right spot. Measure once, drill twice.... :wtf:
Harv

Post by Harv »

My EK wagon had (and still has) the single hole for the squirter. No guarantee it is in the "NASCO approved" position, but looks right. I can measure it this weekend if it helps.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Craig Allardyce

Thanks Andrew that would be great. :thumbsup:
Harv

Post by Harv »

Measured it up over the weekend. From the trailing (rearmost) edge of the bonnet to the centre of the mounting hole is 8.75".

Cheers,
Harv
Craig Allardyce

Cheers mate. Appreciate the help. :thumbsup: