RMS Classic Vehicle Scheme

Club Runs, meetings and other news for fans of FBs & EKs in N.S.W.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky, NSW Mod

WayneXG95
State: NSW

RMS Classic Vehicle Scheme

Post by WayneXG95 »

The FB EK Holden Car Club of NSW
Is now accepting membership for those wishing to
have their vehicle included in the new RMS Classic Vehicle Scheme.

Some answers to your questions.

1. Under this scheme you must be a member of a NSW Club
2. You must be a resident of NSW
3. The vehicle must be garaged in NSW
4. We have been informed by the ACMC that as a guide
If you can bolt it on then your fine with a Blue Slip
for the first time.
5. If you have to use brackets or alter the car in any way
then you need a Engineer Certificate and a Blue Slip.

6. If you have a car registered and modified from the old days
fine just a Blue Slip - But remember if you deregister your vehicle
to use this scheme and wish to return to full registration
you will need to obtain a Engineer Certificate - read that carefully!

7. If you are granted access to the scheme and you wish to alter you vehicle in any way
you have to deregister your vehicle and register it again which will require a new Engineer Certificate.

8. The FB EK Holden Car Club of NSW does not administer this scheme
the Australian Confederation of Motor Clubs is responsible for that.
9. We will provide you with the paperwork to identify you as a club member
10. We also require information on modification to the vehicle for club records

If you wish to join the FB EK Holden Car Club of NSW to use this scheme please
contact us by email and we will provide more information.

contact@fbekholdennsw.com

You can aslo download more information and forms at this link.

http://www.councilofmotorclubs.org.au/h ... ments.html
Wayne Chambers
President
FB EK Holden Car Club of N.S.W
Harv

Re: RMS Classic Vehicle Scheme

Post by Harv »

G'day Wayne,

This is an interesting one for me, as I could (in theory at least) put the FB or EK onto Classic rego and leave the other one on full rego.

It seems there is a conflict though in that the advice from ACMC is for bolt-on, no brackets, otherwise engineered. The ACMC website though indicates that the vehicle needs to be VSI-6 compliant. The link on their site is dead, but this one works:
http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/documents/roa ... ations.pdf

VSI-6 does not allow some bolt-ons eg fitting non-original or non equivalent carburettors or inlet manifolds (...I'm thinking twin carbs here) or changing diff ratio. It does however allow for brackets (e.g. oil catch cans where no part of the PVC system vents to atmosphere, fitting a manual or automatic transmission which fits within the original transmission tunnel by the use of an adapter plate, driveshaft hoops, driveline braces).

Was the advice from ACMC (bolt-on, no brackets, otherwise engineered) their final tech guidance, or is the ACMC person trying to paraphrase VSI6?

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
WayneXG95

Post by WayneXG95 »

It was basic Andrew you have to comply with VSI-6
It has nothing to do with the club we don't administer it.
All we do is advise that your a club member.
Wayne Chambers
President
WayneXG95

Post by WayneXG95 »

By the way that link works for me
Wayne Chambers
President
Mick

Post by Mick »

the whole rego thing is a mess these days been some discussions on facebook (which included input from an actual engineer) did you know if you were to increase the performance of a grey motor more than 20% of the HP you actually need an engineers report so if you can eek 12HP out of your grey motor you need engineering (god knows how they know the original HP and the current HP)
for the life of me i can't figure out how at the stroke of a pen they can change what was a legal car mod into an illegal mod for no good reason other than some seat warming pencil pusher said so :wtf: :? :wtf:
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Harv

Post by Harv »

Mick wrote:the whole rego thing is a mess these days been some discussions on facebook (which included input from an actual engineer) did you know if you were to increase the performance of a grey motor more than 20% of the HP you actually need an engineers report so if you can eek 12HP out of your grey motor you need engineering (god knows how they know the original HP and the current HP)
for the life of me i can't figure out how at the stroke of a pen they can change what was a legal car mod into an illegal mod for no good reason other than some seat warming pencil pusher said so :wtf: :? :wtf:
Without hijacking Waynes thread, it gets worse. If you want to fully comply with VSI6, you can't put an FB diff into an EK, can't change diff ratio, can't increase tyre diameter (not width) by more than 7% (eg going from a 155 to a 175 tyre), can't use anything but the original carb, can't fit a Rare Spares trans tunnel, can't replace the body shell... unless you engineer it. :crazy:

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Mick

Post by Mick »

yeah sorry Wayne :oops:
Harv wrote:
Mick wrote:the whole rego thing is a mess these days been some discussions on facebook (which included input from an actual engineer) did you know if you were to increase the performance of a grey motor more than 20% of the HP you actually need an engineers report so if you can eek 12HP out of your grey motor you need engineering (god knows how they know the original HP and the current HP)
Without hijacking Waynes thread, it gets worse. If you want to fully comply with VSI6, you can't put an FB diff into an EK, can't change diff ratio, can't increase tyre diameter (not width) by more than 7% (eg going from a 155 to a 175 tyre), can't use anything but the original carb, can't fit a Rare Spares trans tunnel, can't replace the body shell... unless you engineer it. :crazy:

Cheers,
Harv

the whole thing is a mess
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter