NoMAD's Kustom FB Sedan

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

mph
State: WA

Re: NoMAD's Kustom FB Sedan

Post by mph »

Errol62 wrote:Yeah no switches fitted. Just the holes. Now my "EK" van will be a real bitsa...... FC firewall etc. I noticed the heater hole is in a different spot and the regulator mount surface has raised flutes. Implications for fitting the warmaride and repro factory firewall insulation. Could also be an issue if I fit triples. Another thing to rejig. Oh dear.

Apologies for the hijack nomad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had to fit some to/for the back doors to suit the alarm , i used the metal narva ones they work well.
FB-Special
Big block 161 :lol:
Holley sniper EFI.
Vintage air ducted heat and cool.
Ek auto column shift.
Lj diff and reverse lights.
WA FB~EK Car Club Member.
NoMAD

Post by NoMAD »

Minor update... the headliners in

Blacky's mate Drew from Northside Motor Trimmers came and installed it... (yes shameless plug for him because he was a good bloke despite being associated with Mr Black :ebiggrin: mods feel free to remove if this is somewhat against policy's) he did a sweet job in my opinion so couldn't recommend him high enough

not the best pics i'll try and get some better ones on a better day, I'm guilty for the chrome strips they need to come out for a good polish

got some dynamat on the floor half done so i can start playing with some wiring at some point... and i need to finish the dust cover so i can get the engine in (mush easier to do out of the car, but unfortunately that will be all for this weekend

Cheers
Nathan
FB/EK Holden Car Club of W.A. Inc
Foundation Member
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

you'll keep :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

you in the shed tomorrow knackers ? I might come down the hill and grab those quarter windows ???
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
NoMAD

Post by NoMAD »

I'll probably be down that way in the arvo but I've already got them wrapped up in my ute for you for Sunday... Just give us a buzz in the morning if you want them tomorrow and I'm sure I can work something out

Cheers
Nathan
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

sunday is fine cob :thumbsup:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

Hey Nathan
Reading through your thread o notice you were talking about running a Volvo diff. Is this still the plan? I'm interested in this mod however looking for a ratio around 3:00 and would like LSD. Seen the gears etc are available in the states but a bit pricey. I suppose with the TH700 you are happy with the lower ratios the volvos came with?

getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
stinky

Post by stinky »

Errol62 wrote: and would like LSD.
4WD Systems in Gilles Plains sell "Lokka" unit for the Volvo/Dana diffs, by the reviews it's a good system.
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

Cheers stinky. Still keen to hear any info on sourcing different ratios. I've been running a 3:08 LSD banjo from a Torana but it's got noisy.

getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
EK Kustom
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by EK Kustom »

Nice to see you've rescued another one, but i thought the plan had been for a mild custom. This is something I'd walk straight past with merely a glance at it. But the legions here with no imagination other than for stockers will love it.
FireKraka

Post by FireKraka »

Show us some of your talked about vehicles EK Kustom I'd be interested to see the thought somebody else had said the same thing but I have still not seen any.

Neil H
Member of WA FB/EK Car Club
Frankenstein EK V6 Ute
FB Station Wagon Project
1950's Commer Light Truck (2.5 Ton)
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

That was me Neil , EK Kustom can talk the talk but it remains to be seen if he can walk the walk ...........

NoMAD

Post by NoMAD »

the plan has always been for a mild custom, personally i think a V8/ T700, paint and subtle changes is enough for a mild custom... badge changes and future front end changes are in the pipeline, but after 10+ years, getting the car on the road to enjoy is becoming slightly more important than how it looks... if its not your cup of tea, thats fine... i think going through the different cars being built on the forum would imply there's plenty of imagination but sometimes time / money / skill get in the way a bit i know this first hand... personally i think people should keep building what ever suits them, that's the best thing about this forum and the hobby!

Cheers
Nathan
Foundation Member
NoMAD

Post by NoMAD »

Errol62 wrote:Hey Nathan
Reading through your thread o notice you were talking about running a Volvo diff. Is this still the plan? I'm interested in this mod however looking for a ratio around 3:00 and would like LSD. Seen the gears etc are available in the states but a bit pricey. I suppose with the TH700 you are happy with the lower ratios the volvos came with?

sorry for a late reply on this i missed it earlier...

the plan is to throw the volvo back in for now its rolling on a HR and will be licensed with that to start with why i then rebuild the volvo up.

as mentioned LSD and 'Lockers' are available not generally cheap... thick axles are a nice bonus and new parts can be bought for them out of denmark, postage can be high depending where you order from

based on my general research the 3.54 should go quite nicely once its in (off memory thats what it is)

Cheers
Nathan
Foundation Member
oz_ek
State: VIC

Post by oz_ek »

The headliner in black looks great!...Is it a re-coloured original or aftermarket?
NoMAD

Post by NoMAD »

after market an old eBay special from a few years back...

Cheers
Nathan
Foundation Member