UBK 061 An Old Farts Last Ride

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

EK283
State: NSW

Re: UBK 061 An Old Farts Last Ride

Post by EK283 »

Leigh,

This is a early shot of my exhaust that is 2 inch, I have since reversed the springs eyes and I think they will clear them hopefully !

Mine turn out right behind the wheel then go straight. I think your watts link mounts eat up a bit of space.

Regards Greg
So many cars so little time!
kelleigh54
State: WA

Post by kelleigh54 »

Looks very similar to what we have done , ducked across the spring on an angle to straighten up just behind the wheel . The Watts link brackets don't really impact on it as we still have to get beyond the tyre . I am assuming that you lowered a total of 50mm when reversing the spring eyes . I hope for your sake that it all clears . Have you had it on ground yet to assess if all is good ? Ahh the joys of modification , it is usually the obvious that catches one out , we bury ourselves so far into the what could and how would along with is it going to be serviceable scenario's that we often overlook the stupid little things . Well , I do anyway ! :oops:
Next time in the shed I will measure from centre of axle to where it starts and finishes crossing the spring .
Last edited by kelleigh54 on Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I would rather work on a Morris 1100 than use a computer !!!!!!
kelleigh54

Post by kelleigh54 »

:oops:
Last edited by kelleigh54 on Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
kelleigh54

Post by kelleigh54 »

Just reading back over the post and realized that I didn't respond to Nathan , Andrew and Tim on the previous page . Sorry blokes , :oops: Your comments are much appreciated . I tell you , it gets worse with age . Another 5 years and I will have to wear a dog tag with my home phone # or maybe I could go Hi Tech and get them to put a chip in my neck .
Mick
State: NSW

Post by Mick »

can you bring it back with tighter turns so it crosses over the spring closer to the diff, i've had this type of system on them before although i have had the benefit of extra room due to not having the extra bracketry and only 2" but my cars have been real low, surprisingly V8 XC fowlcan station wagon tail pipes go straight on
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
kelleigh54

Post by kelleigh54 »

Yeah Mick , had considered that , use 90 degree bends , hard at rear of tyre and yes it would give me more travel but I think it would still bottom out regardless . When the car has loaded suspension there is not a lot of room . I think with having reversed eyes is making it all that little bit harder. Probably close to 15mm less clearance than you would have with a normal lowered spring in that neck of the woods . Interesting regarding the XC tailpipes , one for the memory banks . :thumbsup: