Old but New

Club Runs, meetings and other news for fans of FBs & EKs in Tassie.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky, TAS Mod

camstuart52
State: TAS

Old but New

Post by camstuart52 »

Howdy

I was on here many years ago with a ute.....then marriage and family happened and I now have a new project to get started in again 6 years later.

An FB Sedan is the new girl.

Anyway I just wanted to say hi and hope one day I can name it to a meet, BBQ or if there's a club in hobart then join. I may even ask for some assistance haha

Cheers Cam
Blacky
State: WA

Re: Old but New

Post by Blacky »

Welcome back :thumbsup: :thumbsup: there is going to be a club in Tazzie soon I believe :ebiggrin:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Rusty EK
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by Rusty EK »

Ooh a Tassie club ,sweet , :esmile:

Welcome back Cam , so what's the plan for the new project , standard , hotty ? ,and don't forget to get some pics up for us :)
camstuart52
State: TAS

Post by camstuart52 »

Rusty EK wrote:Ooh a Tassie club ,sweet , :esmile:

Welcome back Cam , so what's the plan for the new project , standard , hotty ? ,and don't forget to get some pics up for us :)
Thanks.....good to be back :smile2:

The plan for the project at this stage is to keep it standard and to get it back on the road and registered. Its not that far away really....probably looks worse than it is more basic stuff and 99% of the car is there. JUst little things like a horn, new belts and some worn rubbers.....

I'm going to rebuild all the brakes etc. The owner before me has put an HQ master cylinder on it and i don't know if this is a good thing or not so any help on that would be appreciated. That aside it runs and drives quite well.

It will be a stock 138 and 3 speed manual on the tree at this stage but may head to twin down draughts......it really is just going to be set up to cruise with the family, i know its not a power demon and never will be so as long as its safe for the kids i'll be happy. Paint wise i'm going to just drive it around ratty for a while and tidy up the interior etc and work my way out. Its very straight and has next to no rust which are positives. Once i do get around to the respray the original colours will be kept.

The only thing I would like to do is drop it slightly and maybe put some 14/15 inch rims with white walls on it.

Anyways I hope you like the pics......as you can see theres a bit to do but I hope to have it registered by Christmas....the wiring is the main issue here.

Any help, tips or tricks always appreciated.

Cheers Cam