FB EK river run

Post dates and info on upcoming events, or pictures from events that have been on...

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

bumper
State: TAS

FB EK river run

Post by bumper »

wanker????
I'd rather consider myself as an "owner operator"!!

FBEKHOLDENFANS page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/253705454864/
rosco
State: VIC

Re: FB EK river run

Post by rosco »

Sounds like a great run, Bumper - lots to do up along those parts.
Undoubtedly, the planning committee have put together some great treats. I could foresee a great photo opportunity out at the lock 11 park.
It would be interesting to note if the run starts at Echuca... as in the Holden museum there..

Sadly, those not yet to visit the working man's club - won't get opportunity to partake refreshment from each seat of the longest bar in Oz... part of it has been retained.. but for the most, it's now a pokie venue... sob, sob - and not in my pretzels....

Motel and cabin accommodation is everywhere in Mildura... only concern would be the annual country and western event.

There is also some great opportunity out at Wentworth and the nearby Perry sand hills. Maybe a bit "deserty" for some of our old buses, but the sight of those mounds of red sand... almost gives the impression that you are outback Oz... a two tone green FB wagon with an alloy bull bar would look just about right out there..

Of course, just across the border - by some 130 km's or so.. is the upcoming nationals in 2016.

frats,
Rosco
Blacky
State: WA

Re: FB EK river run

Post by Blacky »

you should invite yourselves around to Gaz's (V8EK4US) place and check out his awesome bar and shed ..... and cars 8) 8) 8)
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.