Army trim

Includes seating, upholstery, door trims, dashboard and heater.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Ralph
State: QLD

Army trim

Post by Ralph »

Hi All, I know the FB Army utes were a pretty basic trim, but were they the same as the standard? The ID plate reads 908-901. I need to do the headlining and door cards, and I'm wondering if I should just use generic ebay-style or look for something more period correct. Not doing a restoration, just making it drivable (for now)
Cheers, Ralph.
Not driving to make great time, driving to have a great time.
Dr Terry
State: NSW

Re: Army trim

Post by Dr Terry »

Hi Ralph.

The first part of the TRIM number is for the exterior paint, in this case 908 = Military Green.

The 901 is for the interior trim & 901 is unique to Army vehicles & as such I have no info on it.

Is there anybody else out there who has any details on FB/EK Army vehicles' interior trim codes ?

I do know that Ken McLean has it covered for FE/FC, but I don't know of anyone who has this recorded for FB/EK.

Dr Terry
Harv
State: NSW

Post by Harv »

A quick trawl through the posts, and the Excel database for FB/EKs shows all six are 908-901, except this one:
EK 2106-S4, subframe EK 30893, Engine J84201, Paint 585-0111 (Army Green Fleet), Trim 908-988 owned by Bill M.

I once had a letter from GMH indicating all the Army specs on two pages... damned if I can find the scan I had though :oops: .

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Ralph
State: QLD

Post by Ralph »

Harv wrote: I once had a letter from GMH indicating all the Army specs on two pages... damned if I can find the scan I had though :oops: .
That would be pretty interesting to see. Mine has the holes for the canopy supports, and a bunch of small holes around the rear screen where I'm guessing the mesh went. The original green paint is still evident in the cabin, although it has had at least two other paintjobs of varying quality since then.. Most of the trim was upgraded to either Special or non-standard, and the door cards are missing. I'll get some pics when it's daytime.
Not driving to make great time, driving to have a great time.