seat belt lengths

Includes seating, upholstery, door trims, dashboard and heater.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

the rocket
State: NOT ENTERED

seat belt lengths

Post by the rocket »

Hi all, Could anyone please help me with length they're using for their front and rear seat belts.

I need the measurement from the buckle to the floor on a front bench seat and the same for the rear (centre only).

I don't have mine in a state to measure at the moment. I measured around 360mm from where i think it will go from buckle to the ground using my seat. Does this sound ok??
allowing for the seat to slide as well.

Rick
Harv
State: NSW

Re: seat belt lengths

Post by Harv »

Rick,

If the measurement is critical, I'm guessing you are using fixed-stalk seatbelts? If so, they may protrude quite a bit when you slide the front seat back.

One option is to use the webbing type - Hemco's are adjustable, so that you can shorten them to suit.

I'd measure mine for you, but I'm a fair way from the car.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
the rocket

Post by the rocket »

thanks harv,

I'm getting them from seatbeltsolutions in WA. They are a fixed size but made of webbing. They are being made blue webbing with chrome torana style buckles (refurbished) and to Aus/NZ standards with the tag and all. Hemco couldn't do the chrome buckles for me.
Harv
State: NSW

Post by Harv »

Got home last night, and measured my belts from my FB sedan:
front: 290mm
rear: 280mm

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
nes138

seat belt lengths

Post by nes138 »

I just had mine done by seatbelt solutions for an FC (not inertia) and measured a little longer than that but don't stress as they are adjustable.Image
the rocket

Post by the rocket »

thanks guys

much appreciated harv.

Rick