Chasing a FB or EK Special FOUND

Looking for a new daily driver, the next project, or maybe a parts car? try here first...

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

mpeck83
State: NOT ENTERED

Chasing a FB or EK Special FOUND

Post by mpeck83 »

Hi guys, unfortunately I just missed out on buying a awesome original matching numbers FB from Adelaide, so I thought I would ask on here. I am after like I said either a FB or EK Special Sedan as close to original as possible and was really hoping to get matching numbers. The one I missed out on went for 17k so my budget would be around there some where. Prefer in vic but open to interstaters.
Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Cheers, Matty.
Mick
State: NSW

Re: Chasing a FB or EK Special

Post by Mick »

sunnytim on here has a nice FB sedan (unless he's sold it) though i don't know what you mean by matching Nos i don't think there is such a thing (except Nos match to year) also tim is in QLD
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Cal

Post by Cal »

This sold a few days ago. Surprised you didn't see it.
Good price

http://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/lot ... Ilj_kZXfCQ
mpeck83

Post by mpeck83 »

Might pm sunnytim and see if he still has it. What I ment by matching numbers was original engine and Everything on the car matching the ID plate. I saw that one at Shannon's but after it sold unfortunately. Anything else out there?
gmicallef76
State: VIC

Post by gmicallef76 »

Hi Matt,
THis one has come up on Ebay at 13K.
There are obvious non-original components like the rocker cover, and looks to be a makeshift oilfilter, but at 13K it seems to be roughly ok

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Fb-Holden-Sp ... 23486d7236
WayneXG95

Post by WayneXG95 »

By the look of the car in the pics it's a cracker if it passes the no rust test!
Wayne Chambers
President
FB EK Holden Car Club of N.S.W
Mick

Post by Mick »

says in the add wayne that it has some rust starting, but does look neat enough in the pics, only one way to tell go have a look, remember +$1000 for rego and probly atleast another $500-$1000 in bits it may need for rego so at a minimum it's 14-14.5k car
just noticed you are from melbourne so add another $1000-$1500 looking at it and getting it back to melbourne

starts to add up quickly :shock:

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
WayneXG95

Post by WayneXG95 »

Mick wrote:says in the add wayne that it has some rust starting, but does look neat enough in the pics, only one way to tell go have a look, remember +$1000 for rego and probly atleast another $500-$1000 in bits it may need for rego so at a minimum it's 14-14.5k car
just noticed you are from melbourne so add another $1000-$1500 looking at it and getting it back to melbourne

Ya nailed that Mick. :ewink:
Wayne Chambers
President
FB EK Holden Car Club of N.S.W
Mick

Post by Mick »

WayneXG95 wrote:
Mick wrote:says in the add wayne that it has some rust starting, but does look neat enough in the pics, only one way to tell go have a look, remember +$1000 for rego and probly atleast another $500-$1000 in bits it may need for rego so at a minimum it's 14-14.5k car

Ya nailed that Mick. :ewink:
yep after spending a bit of time just recently looking everything that "seemed" a reasonable price and then you added the plus this plus that it soon started to not be such a great buy :(

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter