Melbourne RSL Anzac day parade 2015

Club Runs, meetings and other news for fans of FBs & EKs in Victoria.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky, VIC Mod

Sarah
State: VIC

Melbourne RSL Anzac day parade 2015

Post by Sarah »

Hello All

I'm putting out the call once again for volunteers to help out in the Melbourne RSL Anzac day parade for next year (Sat 25th of April). I'm looking for 10 nice FBs or EKs to take part/volunteer in this year's Melbourne RSL Anzac day parade. The organiser assures me that everyone will have a gig!

The role requires driving army service men and women on their big day in the parade as they are unable to walk from The Arts Center to The Shrine. This is the forth year I will be taking part in the parade. It's a lovely morning and a way to say thank you to those who fought for our country. This is a run down of what happens.

-Meet at a pre-appointed destination in town (“ City of Melbourne “ all areas pass is provided) at 7.30am for a briefing.
-You are guided to a pick-up point where you collect one to a few passengers and drive them in the parade in their regiment.
-You may be asked to go back to the start and drive once more or you may be directed to go home.
-You're normally done by around 11am.

An email is sent to all driving in the parade with full details.

Please help out. Either PM or give me a buzz 0403 381 840

Thanks
Sarah
Geelong John

Re: Melbourne RSL Anzac day parade 2015

Post by Geelong John »

Hi Sarah, please add me to the list of participants...would be an honor to be involved. John & Karen.
Sarah

Re: Melbourne RSL Anzac day parade 2015

Post by Sarah »

Thanks for you help John, that's great!