Seat Belts in an EK ute

Includes seating, upholstery, door trims, dashboard and heater.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

cedric
State: QLD

Seat Belts in an EK ute

Post by cedric »

Hi all, my first post. Has anyone fitted or has seat belts fitted to an EK ute?
I've got to put some in to one in the next week or two and any advice is appreciated.
Blacky
State: WA

Re: Seat Belts in an EK ute

Post by Blacky »

G'day Cedric, welcome to the forum mate :thumbsup: I have gone one better and put them in an FB ute :lol: , what do you need to know ? I mounted inertia reel type belts behind the seat and ran them up to the B pillar , easy job, lots easier than doing a sedan ......
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
cedric
State: QLD

Post by cedric »

Thanks Blacky. Did you have to weld any plates in to take the mounts on the B pillar, or can you just drill some holes?
I was wondering about mounting the top mount on the parcel shelf, though the B pillar sounds better.
I'm quite cool with a bit of welding if need be.
I've only had a real quick look at the car, I'll have a bit more of a serious look today.
A lot easier asking first instead of trying to re-invent the wheel.
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

I welded plates in the B pillar while I was restoring the car, if the ute is complete you will either need to remove the headliner or make up some plates you can bolt in - I have done other cars where I have drilled a 1/2" hole , slid the plate up and bolted the seat belt bolt in , then drilled and tapped a 1/8" hole through the plate and screwed a countersunk headed screw through it to hold the plate in place if you need to remove the seat belt for whatever reason.
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.