fb holden v8

Club Runs, meetings and other news for fans of FBs & EKs in Victoria.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky, VIC Mod

freddiefb
State: VIC

fb holden v8

Post by freddiefb »

hi guys trying to finish off a project van ,and it needs a colasable steering colume not a problam but been told 350 chev is not allowed ,and exquast can not go through iner gaurds this work has all been done mmmm now i am confused ,i spoke with engineer he wants $160 per hour to tell me yes or no ,any ideas . some people are telling me one thing and others are telling me another at the end of the day it has to be safe thanks ian
Blacky
State: WA

Re: fb holden v8

Post by Blacky »

Welcome to the forum mate, did you get an approval in principal before you started building this van ???
There are plenty of them with the pipes through the inner guards, the 350 thing seems to be dependant on who you talk to - I would try a different engineer ........
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Devilrod
State: VIC

Post by Devilrod »

In the end it will come down to the engineer to help you get rego, there are a couple of guys doing v-8's in Vic at the moment. Maybe pm Bumpar and see who he's using as I can't remember who it is. Hopefully a few others will let you know who there using.
Speed and Style........... One day I'll get the speed bit.
Brenno
State: NSW

Post by Brenno »

PM this guy also, sounds like his engineer in Vic is on the same page as mine in regards to commercial vehicles

http://www.fbekholden.com/forum/viewtop ... 5&start=15