2014 Cowra Nationals - NEWS

Here is the place to discuss the Nationals, each year will have a new thread added for up-to-date info!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

rosco
State: VIC

Re: 2014 Cowra Nationals - NEWS

Post by rosco »

Dave,
it's not for me to spruke what is allowed by the host club for Cowra but....

We have entered and attended three nats now where we have used the event from which to launch our winter escape with the LC and caravan...

On these occasions, we have gone on the runs - but have shown respect and courtesy to those who take their entered FB/EK by tagging a long at the very end of the line..... you sort of miss the aura of being in your own bus, but enjoy the stroll along the road and the wonderful sight ahead of you....

The emphasis is on tagging behind the group - not breaking it up.

I'm not aware of any precedence where a fee has been charged for a tag-along - unless of course, there was an admission fee at a given location...

I further do not know if there is any provision for people to be catered for or even attend the dinners etc... but firmly believe this is not the case..... functions have to be arranged and finalised long before events - and numbers determined for venues. I believe you are aware of this.

As you can appreciate, there is an awful lot of planning goes into a nationals - allocation as an entrant not only affords entrant number, but also things like judging forms, "T" shirts, goodie bags and display arrangement/site insurance for the show'n'shine... plus much more...

I am guessing that the NSW club (hosts for this event) will probably support much of my understanding.

Looking forward to catching up with you at Cowra - and getting the opportunity to see your FB, FE and FJ..... that will be a great "convoy" in itself...

frats,
Rosco
rosco

Post by rosco »

Ok folk, starting to get excited now.... 6 days to sign on.

Took a peek at the long range weather for Cowra...
Friday - overnight 5 partly cloudy 18
Saturday - overnight 3 partly cloudy 17
nothing on the radaar for Sunday yet...

frats,
Rosco
Mick
State: NSW

Post by Mick »

as long as it's better than this weekend :shock: winter is here :wink:
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
pauly

Post by pauly »

Have you had much rain there mick ?
I've had just over 16mm here in mudgee.
space ace

Post by space ace »

Are you coming down Mick?
Pete
Woofto Car Club Member No 1
FB EK Forum Member No: 249
Mick

Post by Mick »

45mm last wednesday then i was away thursday friday 15mm sat and 22mm today

it would be going over Pete :wink: :lol: dunno might be away if not maybe come over for a look sunday

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
parisian62

Post by parisian62 »

I have a quick question

My mate has entered his newly restored FB into the nats. We were hoping to travel with him in convoy with an FJ and an FE.
Are we able to tag along on the saturday in the cruise events or is it for FB EK's only? Happy to pay some sort of fee to tag along, we just wont all fit in his FB!

Looking forward to it!
Dave
Hi Dave

That's fine. Just jump on the back of the convoy...it's usually the best place to be anyway as you get to see all the FB EK out the front windscreen.

Stewart
Feelin free in a '61 FB.
Member of FB-EK Holden Car Club Of NSW Inc.
Check out the Rebuild of Old Timer
pauly

Post by pauly »

I just tried to find bryant park but I had no luck. Even the cowra tourism site did not help.
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

we are leaving home tomorrow to go to the nats so its party central here tonigjht , see ya next Friday you lot !!!!
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
WesternWagon
State: WA

Post by WesternWagon »

Enjoy mate, make sure ya post heaps of pics

Gazza
Member : Holden Car Club WA.
:ASRF Member
: Secretary FB/EK holden Club of WA.
V8EK4us
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by V8EK4us »

Blacky wrote:we are leaving home tomorrow to go to the nats so its party central here tonigjht , see ya next Friday you lot !!!!
Yehaa! Keep in touch Blacky, plan at the moment is head off Thursday arvo soon as Sue gets home from work, then try and get to Hay and catch up with Thommo's mob :) :) :)
rosco

Post by rosco »

Long range weather forecast for the show'n'shine is in...

Update -
Fri partly cloudy overnight 6 daytime 18
Sat partly cloudy overnight 4 daytime 17

and

Sun shower or two developing overnight 2 daytime 16 light winds from the sou' south west tending to light winds from the sou' south east.

I hope they've got warm water for bucket washing - blasted hoses might be solid..

frats,
Rosco
igor
State: SA

Post by igor »

Hot water in a bucket Rosco :wink:
5 sleeps!! :thumbsup:
Mick

Post by Mick »

funny that Pauly it's actually basically opposite the cowra tourism place :lol: it's real easy to find if you know cowra at all there's a Mc Donalds and it's opposite that basically under the bridge that goes over the river

Rosco gotta get colder than that to freeze the hose, and it's a nice day again here today

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
rosco

Post by rosco »

Thanks, Mick - I tried to find the park..... someone's not doing their job up there in the tourism place.... or it's been recently re-named... or the sign has been removed.... or...... well, "Where-is" doesn't know where to find it - so it doesn't exist!.... blasted Telstra - think the software is written off-shore...... and - whilst on on my hate speel - why aren't public toilets listed in one of the POI's...... or am I missing something....?

Just keep that sunny weather running for about another week, please.... we're starting to get cold stuff down here - and I'm starting to grumble...... be nice to run north with the geese and help you share some of that sunlight...

I fully expect your time will come for frozen hoses.... we get our sub zero's here July through early September..... bit nippy out on the golf course at first light....

frats,
Rosco