Torana chromies wont fit

Includes handbrake, cylinders, shoes, discs, rims and rubber.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

FB283
State: NOT ENTERED

Torana chromies wont fit

Post by FB283 »

Hi guys. New to the forum here.
I have an FB ute that I just bought some Torana chromies for and they dont fit.
My FB has a HR disc brake front end in it. The steel chromie wheels are hitting the calipers. I want to do the job properly - how do I go about it?
Change the insert of the wheel to HR disc wheel pattern - if so - who does that or change to Torana discs? (- who does that too?)
Your advise would be much appriciated. - oh - Im based in the Yarra Valley Victoria - (Healesville)
By the way........I have 4 US racing mags that I am selling now both with 95% tread BF Goodrich T/A`s
Fronts are 225 and rears are 245 if anyones interested.
Cheers - Pete
Trev

Re: Torana chromies wont fit

Post by Trev »

Welcome Pete.
Hr disc break wheels will fit, of coarse.
I run Torana discs and callipers (easy conversion, do it yourself), and ht hg 14x5 rims.
Throw up some pics of your ride, cheers. Trev.
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3
FB283

Post by FB283 »

Your a champ Trev. I thought that was the way to go. You wouldn't believe the amount of phone calls I made with no success.
That's why I thought I try you guys. Just quickly - where can you get the discs and calipers around Melbourne Trev?
A reputable company that sells non-imported ones?
Ill post a pic of my little ute over the next few days. Bloody love it. Had it for 3 years now. I bought it because it is identical to the one I had
when I was 19. Back then I was close to putting a 283 Chev in it but then went overseas so I sold it - but now I am
going to finish the dream I had back then. For now just driving it around with the 186.
Cheers.
Pete
Mick
State: NSW

Post by Mick »

mate i'm 99% sure if you just get some LC/LJ discs (complete with the hub) you can use these and keep the HR callipers, it can also depend on the offset of the rims also
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Trev

Post by Trev »

Mick wrote:mate i'm 99% sure if you just get some LC/LJ discs (complete with the hub) you can use these and keep the HR callipers, it can also depend on the offset of the rims also
Hi Mick, when I changed mine from HR to Torana I swapped the whole box n dice but can remember thinking how much thicker the Torana discs were compared to the HR. Don't recon the callipers will fit.
FB283 wrote:Your a champ Trev. I thought that was the way to go. You wouldn't believe the amount of phone calls I made with no success.
That's why I thought I try you guys. Just quickly - where can you get the discs and calipers around Melbourne Trev?
A reputable company that sells non-imported ones?
Pete
Pete, I got mine from eBay as a set. Not sure who sells them new??
Trev.
Mick
State: NSW

Post by Mick »

are yors LC/LJ or LH/LX trev :?:
as i'm 99% sure callipers are all the same HR, LC/LJ, HK/HT/HG i'm pretty sure the austin has HK/HT/HG callipers with LC/LJ
where LH/LX are different but in saying that i used LH/LX callipers with HR rotors on one of my cars
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Trev

Post by Trev »

Mick wrote:are yors LC/LJ or LH/LX trev :?:
as i'm 99% sure callipers are all the same HR, LC/LJ, HK/HT/HG i'm pretty sure the austin has HK/HT/HG callipers with LC/LJ
where LH/LX are different but in saying that i used LH/LX callipers with HR rotors on one of my cars
Oh ok, I think mine are LH/X.
The callipers are like HQ style (single piston).
Devilrod
State: VIC

Post by Devilrod »

Think you'll find that they are LH/ LX Trev, mine are.
Speed and Style........... One day I'll get the speed bit.
FB283

Post by FB283 »

I ended up getting a good pair of LH cast calipers and new LH discs. Putting the VK commodore rear rack on next. Got the collapsible steering column done by Alien retros with the bottom uni joint to connect it all up.
.........I will keep you all posted how I go over the next few weeks. Fingers crossed that the Torana chromies will finally fit - bit of an effort - at least its getting done right I guess.